“Enjoyable”

Stonecross Manor Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A good location, excellent buffet breakfast (lots of choices). The staff were friendly and very helpful.
Small pool but only four people in it, great for an afternoon dip and steam room, nice and clean.
One little down side, the mirror was nowhere near the hair dryer, although it was mentioned on check out.
We didn't use the restaurant but a great pub with great food only a five minute walk away.
Thoroughly recommend it

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Having just spent a very enjoyable couple of days at the Stonecross Manor Hotel in Kendal on the occasion of our son`s wedding, I want to share our experience with everyone who is considering staying at this hotel.

The hotel is situated in a beautiful and very convenient location for exploring the beauty of the Lake District. From the moment that we arrived we were very impressed.

The lady on reception was very welcoming and she explained that all the rooms that we had reserved had been prepared early to allow us immediate access to get settled in before the wedding.

The rooms were very pleasant, the friendliness of the staff was very infectious. Nothing was too much trouble. I was particularly impressed with the humour shown by every member of staff that we encountered.

The service was brilliant. Weddings are long , quite tiring occasions, but we were treated to an extremely restful and memorable experience.

Everything went very smoothly from the moment that we arrived until the time that we left.

The food was superb. I loved the breakfast! And a bonus: Cask ales too.

The new pool was excellent. Apparently this is a new addition to the hotel. It was a real bonus.

So in conclusion, we had a great time and would not hesitate to return and would thoroughly recommend the Stonecross Manor to anyone. Once again, well done and many thanks.

Kevin Bishop,
North Shields.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Kendal is about 20 mins drive east of windermere, and it has a range of shops, pubs and restaurants as well as its very own ruined castle and lovely river. My boyfriend and I stayed 5 nights Stonecross Manor in room 210 which has a dual aspect and views over the countryside. On arrival the room was clean and warm so we kept the windows open to keep it cool, but this was an issue first thing in the morning because the hotel is on quite a busy road so the noise woke me up. the bed was huge but i think there were a few too many items of furniture in the room and the decor was dated, there was also no headboard on the bed. the bathroom decor was very dated and could have done with a re-grout around the bath and a new bath panel. the shower was hot and powerful each time we used it. cereal and fruit were available as a buffet every day and the cooked breakfast was either a buffet or table service depending on how many guests were booked in. the service was very friendly, at breakfast, dinner and at the bar and reception. when we had dinner the staff made an effort to cater to my dietary needs, but the food was not anything special and i think it could be improved somewhat, perhaps by cutting down the choices and sticking to popular dishes in order to perfect them, instead of a range of dishes some of which were a bit odd. the hotel has a pool but we didn't use it. the bed was made up every day but the dirty glasses were not taken for a few days. Overall the hotel was average, in a good location for getting to the lakes, but not overwhelmingly good or bad.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed for five days recently - room was rather hot and bed was a bit marshmallowy but each to their own. Breakfast the first day was very good - then after (due to the number of other guests) the buffet was self-service. Which isn't usually a problem but I have to confess to liking my fried bread with a crunch not soft due to condensation in serving container. Dog loved it - staff were very friendly and would consider staying again

1  Thank Tracycymru
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We first stayed here when there were floods on the M6 in December, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was warm and welcoming, quaint, with lovely staff and good food. I went back myself recently for a single night and was very disappointed. I paid for an upgrade room with a 4 poster bed, and struggled to get my small suitcase into the room. The room seemed smaller than the basic room we had last year, there was 2 bedside tables, a chest of drawers, an ottoman, a dressing table and a huge wardrobe with more drawers. The bathroom was very grubby with hairs and a dead fly in the sink, and the 2 teacups supplied for a morning cup of tea were both dirty with hardened rings of someone else's tea.

The bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful, although I was disappointed with my dinner as the rib eye steak I ordered was definitely not "medium", it was grey and hard, and the chunky chips were burned. Breakfast was what you might expect, but nothing special.

I heard people say how nice the pool was, but I didn't see it myself

Room Tip: Probably not worth spending extra for a superior room. My room overlooked the front and it got a bit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Crew-Sing
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We made a last minute reservation here and were very pleasantly surprised by how nice our room was and what an excellent price we got. Value for money was superb! Our bed was extremely comfortable and huge! The shower was excellent and plenty of hot water and very good water pressure! Food both at breakfast and dinner was very, very good. If we need to stay in Kendal again, then we will book here.
I wish we would have had our swimming suits as they have a beautiful pool, jacuzzi, and steam room! Next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We booked the Stonecross Manor at very short notice (day before arrival) for a well earned break to recharge batteries! The location was ideal as out of central Kendal but within walking distance. Our 2 day package included a 3 course meal on the first night (or £20 equivalent). The food I have to say was exceptional ! the menu was extremely varied which made choosing difficult! both myself and my husband could not fault the meal in any way. The room (208) was small with one or two maintenance problems (catches on window, tiles in bathroom) but it was perfectly comfortable. Breakfast is buffet style and again was perfect. We both loved the new leisure / pool facility and this added to the 'chill out' factor. Well done management ! we run holiday cottages and appreciate how hard it can be to please all people, all of the time !!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
#2 of 13 in Kendal
Travelodge Kendal
Travelodge Kendal
#6 of 13 in Kendal

Been to Stonecross Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!