“Great service - top location”

Stonecross Manor Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
UK
“Great service - top location”
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Stayed at the Stonecross Manor on a business trip and can thoroughly recommend the hotel. I was only there for one night and due to train delays, arrived late. I had called the hotel and warned them and they kept the kitchen open for me as the choice of alternative eateries close by is - at best - a little limited! The food was very good and the wine list surprisingly extensive.
The best part about the hotel was the staff, personable, attentive and friendly. The room was large and reasonably appointed. Bed was comfy, good TV and bathroom was clean and modern.
Have already booked three more stays here and would recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank 44tripper44
StonecrossManor, Director at Stonecross Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2010
Dear 44tripper44

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor and I'm very pleased to read that you found your stay to be most satisfactory. I appreciate your compliments in regard to the standards and service and have passed on your comments to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.

Ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
London
Reviewed 5 January 2010

My husband I and 2 friends went to the stonecross manor for the New Year we arrived on the 30th of December and Left on the 2nd of January. The staff were exceptional the food was delicious and the new years eve party was great. we would definitely go back thank you stonecross manor for a lovely new year

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonersLondon
Dear LondonersLondon

Thank you for your very complimentary review and we are thrilled to read that you had a great New Year with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Easy to find, friendly staff,comfortable room and dinner was superb. The "set menu" had 4 choices of each course. The duck breast in orange sauce (main) was as good as you would get anywhere outside France, and the sticky toffee pudding was blissfully sinful. Breakfast was wonderful

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennylb
StonecrossManor, Director at Stonecross Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2009
Dear Jennylb

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at Stonecross Manor Hotel and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope your time in the UK was enjoyable and that you had a good flight back to Austalia. Having lived there myself for twenty years I have just returned from a short trip down under and was thrilled to see that we have had some Aussies staying with us here while I was away.

Many thanks once again

Ireland
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I stayed here for a conference, was really comfortable and clean. My room was clean and comfortable and the bed was really super. The staff really looked after you, all without exception were friendly and accommodating, and the food was great. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go in the pool, but I have heard that it was nice too. It was a nice spot for a conference

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank catninja
Dear Catninja

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Stonecross Manor Hotel. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your conference was beneficial to you.

I hope that we can welcome you back again, perhaps for a liesure visit when you would have time to use the pool.

Many thanks again

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2009

We have just returned from two nights at the Stonecross Manor Hotel. It was a last minute decision to have a weekend away, and one which we did not regret. I do agree with some of the comments regarding the ongoing programme of redecoration, as our room would have benefited from a little attention. The room itself was quite small and compact - the bathroom was particularly cosy, and we struggled to balance our toiletries in the limited space. However the shower was very powerful and refreshing. The hotel's main appeal lies with its wonderful staff and its excellent restaurant. I cannot agree with some of the negative comments regarding the staff - without exception, each and every one was polite, friendly and welcoming. To be honest, I would expect this in a hotel, but at the Stonecross Manor, they go the extra mile! For example, I like ice with my wine - odd I know, but we all have our foibles! On the second night, I didn't even have to ask - the ice was there! Every single member of staff we came in contact with was friendly and had a smile of his/her face. We ate in the hotel restaurant both nights, and on both occasions the food was absolutely delicious. My husband's pasta carbonara starter on the first night was the best he had ever tasted, and the desserts were to die for! Quite reasonably priced too, for the quality. Breakfast was lovely too - an ample selection of cold and hot fare. The only difficulty was trying to hold a plate and a serving spoon, dish up the food and find somewhere to put the lid from the serving dish. Perhaps a larger table? All in all, a great place to stay, and one which I would be happy to recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlipflopsYork
Dear FlipflopsYork

Thank you for your very complimentary recent review, which I have passed on to the staff. It is heartwarming to read that you enjoyed our service and food so much. We are fortunate enough to have a very dedicated team of individuals who all strive to make our guests experience special and it is pleasing to know that they have delivered for you on the occassion of your stay.

I am pleased to be able to say that our refurbishment programme is well underway and we are making fast progress during these quieter months. It is our objective to have all thirty bedrooms completely redecorated by spring and to date we are ahead of target.

We have taken on board your comments regarding the difficulty with the breakfast buffet and the lids of the chafing dishes and am pleased to say we have now reorganised the tables to make it much easier for our guests.

Many thanks again

Kind regards
Watford
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We used Stonecross as a base for exploring the Lake District.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful,
The food was lovely with a good vegetarian dish every night.
It's worth booking dinner in the hotel as Kendal seems to have only Indian or Chinese restaurants.
The room was clean and the bed was very big and comfortable.
We had no complaints at all and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank tiddlepom
StonecrossManor, Director at Stonecross Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2009
Dear Tiddlepom

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of Stonecross Manor Hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is really appreciated.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly. I will pass on your comments to all those involved and hope that we can welcome you back soon.
West Midlands
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This hotel was booked at the last minute and on a budget for bank holday weekend so expectations weren't high. However, from the minute we walked into the warm ,welcoming and classy reception we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. I was particularly impressed they had an indoor swimming pool - although it was a little cold for my two year old! The room was clean and well furnished - in fact it was a little overcrammed with furniture but we did manage to fit in a travel cot.
The Staff, particularly those behind reception and who served us breakfast were very friendly and good with small children. The breakfasts were delicious and served in a v pleasant atmosphere. I
I would strongly recommend this hotel and consider a return visit.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel1738
StonecrossManor, Director at Stonecross Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2009
Dear Rachel1738

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to the team who I know will appreciate them.

It is particularly pleasing to read that the team made your two year old feel so welcome and I will ensure the pool is of an appropriate temperature for little ones in the future!

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I do hope we will see you and your family again in the near future.

Ann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite
Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa

Been to Stonecross Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!