All reviewsfour poster bedtravelzoo offersteam room and jacuzzievening mealgroupon dealbuffet stylelovely hotelset menulambbirthday treatbooked this hotelspa facilitiesplenty of parkingone night stayroom was clean and comfortablelake districta lovely stay
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel great base for Kendal and south lakes. Staff pleasant, breakfast great. Currently under refurbishment. Recommend delay stay until completed. Entrance basically a building site and facilities restricted. Should be nice when finished if bedrooms refurbished too. Bedroom clean but worn.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for my husbands birthday. A very small room and even smaller bathroom. No hooks or anything to put clothes in the bathroom only the radiator. 2 small bottles of shampoo and a tiny bar of soap were the only toiletries. Not very impressed for the price we paid.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 1 evening. Booked 2 rooms. Both great rooms. Evening meal was superb. Breakfast was huge. Great location. Staff friendly. Yes hotel is being renovated but didn't impact on our visit. Very pleased.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I stayed one night in August. Upon arrival there were workmen in the foyer which was quite loud. This did continue until after 6pm and started again in the morning. There wasn't a reflection in the £90 charge for the one night. I had opted for the four poster bed room as a treat. The bed was lovely but took up the entire room and looked very misplaced. Everything seemed very cramped. There were tea and coffee making facilities sitting upon a very shabby table that had seen better days.

Although the one member of staff I met during my entire stay kept mentioning they were having lots of refurbishments carried out to update the hotel, I still felt is was pricey for what I received.

The best thing about the room was the shower. It was like a rain shower with amazing pressure.

Upon arrival I fancied a glass of wine and wandered to find the bar. The bar didn't seem like a bar, but more like a function room and not very appealing. There wasn't a member of staff on duty so I returned to the reception desk to ask. The receptionist said she could serve me. It was a lovely sunny day so I asked about the white wine choices. I was disappointed to find the bottles were in a large bucket on the counter with some ice and not refrigerated. I like a dry white very chilled.

In the evening we were going out for dinner in Kendal and asked if the hotel could book us a taxi. The taxi was late. The hotel did have a decanter of whiskey on the reception desk. We were offered a complimentary whiskey which I thought was a lovely touch.

The room did not come with breakfast.

The hotel has ample parking and it is free.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We arrived for a two night stay. When trying to have a drink at the bar, they had ran out of Stella and bottles of lager. The local draft beer wouldn't pour properly either... bad start.
We were asked to be moved from our 1st floor room with 15mins of being in it, as we couldn't hear our own tv over the noise of the tv next door. Once moved we realised that the room are just generally noisy and not sound proofed in anyway. In our new room on the second floor we had no wifi connection!
The rooms were in general very tired looking with marked walls, old bathrooms with need of updating. Finally we had cold showers as we could seem to get the hot water to run through the shower.