“Kendal's hidden gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Airethwaite House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
“Kendal's hidden gem!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

After looking on tripadvisor for hotels for my friend's christening I called up 12 different hotels and guest houses, so being 13th on the list I wasn't holding out a lot of hope. How wrong I could have been.
It truly was the prettiest house in the best setting in Kendal.
Our room was the suite (well worth the £10 additional charge) was just gorgeous with a stunning bathroom and dressing area.
The hosts were so accommodating, even offering us a lift to town so that we could both have a drink.
The breakfast the next day was also exquisite: fresh fruit, yoghurt, choice of cereals, full cooked assortment (amazing scrambled eggs), fresh coffee, tea and juice.

It truly was one of the best b and b experiences I have ever had.

A must visit!

Room Tip: The suite is well worth the extra!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Liz R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed here on business. A very large room with a beautiful bathroom, soft and inviting bed with immaculate linen. A real hidden gem, I enjoyed my breakfast which was fresh and of beautiful quality. I feel Sandra or Chris would have made me anything I wanted and I can't wait to return with my wife. Brownie points all round!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Alymarkt
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

stayed at this wonderful BB during our holidays,we stayed in the suite ,which was pure luxury.The room was fantastic with lovely furnishings,we found the bed spacious and very comfortable,with a wonderful view over the countryside.The bathroom was fit for roylaty,all very well thought out with no expense spared.The breakfast was excellent,i liked the choice of fresh berries with yogurt to start with.The magazines available at breakfast made it all a lesuirely experience.Chris and Sandra made us both feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble,we will definitlely stay at Airethwaite again and be recommending it to our friends.

Room Tip: paying that little bit more for the suite was worth it
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulandsal2013
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have just returned home from a 1 nights stay at Airethwaite house and our only wish was to stay longer! Chris and Sandra could not have been more friendly and welcoming. We had a double suite which was extremely spacious and furnished to a very high quality - the bed was so comfortable and the bathroom (with its free standing bath and huge walk in shower) was exceptional. We both slept very well, and the following morning experienced a fantastic breakfast - Chris' scrambled eggs being a particular highlight!! The B&B is in a great location within Kendal, and great for exploring the rest of lakes. Chis gave us some great ideas for walks within the locality as well as ideas for food and drink. We will definitely be returning and would recommend Airethwaite house to our friends and family.

Room Tip: The double suite we had was perfect!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gazzy05
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were greeted by the very friendly owners and shown our room. 'Wow' a stunningly furnished bedroom with an amazing on suite bathroom, fitting of a 5 star luxury hotel. I would choose this accommodation over a hotel every time. The breakfast in the morning didn't disappoint either.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick L
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed here over the May bank holiday weekend with my partner. We stayed in the green room which is the more expensive of the two but definitely worth the money. Very spacious room and amazing bathroom! Sandra and Chris were excellent hosts, left us to our own devices but were also there when we had a question. I liked the extra touches like bottles of water waiting for us when we went out and DVD's left outside the room for us. I also liked the feminine touch throughout such as lots of flowers everywhere and hearts hanging from things - very homely. Breakfast was lovely and Sandra was very accommodating. Location wise is perfect, lovely and quiet and an easy walk into town (and that's coming from someone who doesn't enjoy walking far!!). Would definitely recommend to anyone thinking of staying here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daisyxx1234
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

What an amazing B&B. We stayed in the green room and it was amazing. The room and en-suite are massive and beautifully furnished. Sandra and Chris are lovely hosts and the breakfast was brilliant. The B&B is perfectly situated in Kendal, its barely a two minute walk into the centre of town and even has its own private parking for residents. I would definitely recommend this B&B, we had a brilliant time and I wish I was still there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple