We were supposed to be a group of 10 , arriving on a Friday afternoon, it turned out only 7 of us made it. We had an all male dorm room booked and were happy to pay the extra for the under occupancy but the very friendly Kristina ( owner ) said that we could have a room for 7 and then only pay for who had arrived, which went a long way with us all. Kristina was very helpful, suggesting things for us to do in the locality and pubs/restaurants for us to try. The place is a little kookie but that just adds to the charm. At £22 a night you can't really complain, the bathrooms (we had a private one) and kitchens are all clean and do the job. It's in a great spot in town too, just turn left at the front door and all the pubs ,bars , restaurants and shops are a few hundred yards away. Oh and free WiFi too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kendal Hostel is a converted Georgian Townhouse only a stones throw away from Kendal's town centre. Kendal is a historic market town known as "The Gateway to the Lakes" and Dales so great to use as a base or to start your adventure. The hostel is situated only 300 yards from Kendal town centre where we have markets twice weekly, traditional shops, Museums and plenty of eatery's. Walking is a great way to enjoy the area, We have many walks that start from Kendal, and also many other areas. There is a wide range of walks to suit everyone. Kendal is close to all local amenities including great transport links such as the Oxenholme, The Lake District train station that is on the West Coast line from London to Glasgow, National Express stops daily in Kendal and also we are only a mere 8 miles from J36 of the M6 motorway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Kendal Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kendal Youth Hotel Kendal
- Kendal Hostel Lake District