Crooklands Hotel
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$201
Priceline
All reviewsdeluxe roomgame pielancaster canalovernight stophigh standardopen firethe ground flooryorkshire dalesplenty of parkingen routegood sizestayed here for one nightlovely hotelquiet locationcooked breakfastsouth lakeseasy access
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Back again for more of the same!
We need comfort; cleanliness; great location; brilliant food; efficient friendly conscientious staff, and Crooklands ticks all of our boxes.
Mine hosts, Charles and June, are quietly becoming less conspicuous and are leaving the daily running of the hotel to daughter Gemma. The transition is working fairly well, but the 'personal' touch has now gone. Staff like Mark and Vicky are more hands-on and welcoming, but Crooklands must not forget the regulars who bring repeat business, otherwise it just becomes a run-of-the-mill small hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve4you
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I booked into Crooklands last night for one night alone as a way of avoiding a long journey on the morning of the shoot I was to be at the following day.

Having read so many of the negative reviews I had no expectation beyond a clean room and a restful night; the reality was an extremely comfortable and newly refurbished room and bathroom, pleasant and attentive staff, and a very agreeable meal - what's not to like?

The barman went out of his way to make sure that I tasted a new local brew and unprompted poured me a complimentary sample to taste, I saw him insist on turning the coffee machine back on late in the evening so that a table of ladies could enjoy the exact coffees that they wanted rather than just a plain coffee - he also clearly enjoyed his role.

The ratings below reflect the price - I would expect something grander, and a fine dining experience as opposed to good pub food, had I paid for that, but I didn't and so I enjoyed it for what it is; the hotel is not The Crion, it is not even The Devonshire Arms, but it is a very good mid market privately owned hotel trying to provide value and a good experience, and in my view they succeed.

I would absolutely go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard90XS
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Nestled close to Junct 36 just off the M6 on the main road into Kendal, yet in rural surroundings, this is a little gem of a hotel, oozing comfort and relaxation.
This is our third stay on New Years Eve and once again nothing to disappoint, the welcome is always warm, the food excellent, a nice way to see the New Year in and then to relax into comfortable beds, waking up to an excellent breakfast menu, can recommend the porridge! The homemade little chocolates were a lovely welcoming surprise and appreciated.
On arrival we found a bit of a shortage of tables and chairs in the bar area, people seem to be arriving earlier and having a few drinks in the bar, so this should be catered for next year.
Just a comment not a complaint as such you did run out of Bacardi on the night?! Bit annoying to have to change drinks halfway through the night, but these things happen. Well done to the staff who are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 2 January 2014

we stayed here for 2 night new years eve and new years day night . whilst we were there we opted for the N.Y,E, buffet and disco and cant fault with any thing the food was very good and the entertainment was good too we had a lovely evening. We also went in the bar which was friendly and welcoming and the staff couldn't do enough for us . The room was clean and big enough for a 2 night stay..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rollsroycejoyce
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I've not stayed here, but I have eaten in the restaurant. The food and service were very good and the public rooms are comfortable and inviting. Crooklands is set in a lovely rural location, close to Jn 36 of the M6 and on the main road into Kendal.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends