“What a Gem!”
Review of Crooklands Hotel

Crooklands Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here on business last week and what a gem of a hotel. The staff just can't do enough for you and they are all extremely profssional and friendly. It is so nice to be treated as a guest and not just a number as so often happens in larger chain hotels. It's the little things that make all the difference and I will definately stay here again when I am up in Cumbria again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris0007_12
There are newer reviews for Crooklands Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Have stayed at the Crooklands a few times for short breaks but this week have used the hotel as overnight stops en route to Scotland and on the way back home.

If ever you are travelling to Scotland and wish to brake your journey, this is an ideal place to stay where you will have a good bedroom, a good evening meal and breakfast. The Crooklands is well worth a visit. Cannot fault the place

1  Thank SteveB712014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just spent a fantastic four day break at the Crooklands Hotel.

We used the Crooklands as a base to visit local attractions. Brilliant attentive staff all of you and I mean all of you, reception, bar, waitressing staff, kitchen staff, cleaners all excellent.
A huge thank you for making our stay so relaxing. The breakfast and meals were delicious, breakfast set us up for the day ahead. The accommodation room 18 was spotlessly clean,
modern, well appointed, and quite ,we couldn’t fault it. Being only 2-3 minutes from the M6 you’d think it’d be noisy, not a bit of it.
Do yourself a favour and get booked up.

Thank you one and all ,too the management/owners of the hotel ,you've a great team working for you and a great hotel.Don't change it.

Room Tip: Room 18 ,very well appointed,no real view ,but very quite.Fantastic super king sized bed,great good...
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Down at Kendal for a wedding and stayed two nights at the Crooklands. Very easy to get to off the M6 and a surprise on arrival. Thought it was a wee farmhouse B&B place but it has extended to the rear with Bedrooms. Clean tidy just the job for a couple of nights. Had dinner on arrival and breakfast both mornings. Food and service excellent. Would we return "YES".

1  Thank brian s
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I visited here In June for my birthday unfortunately my son could not join us then

We all had a fantastic meal so we came back all of us once again all of us had a superb evening

The food, staff, atmosphere, was excellent

Thanks to you all we will be back

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

As "white van woman" for a group of guides camping on the nearby Westmorland Showground for the Red Rose Camp, Crooklands was an obvious choice for an overnight stay for easy access to the site.
When I was searching for accommodation in the area, there was some negative feedback on the site, but I have to say my stay was brilliant.
There was a warm and friendly welcome - very relaxed and charming at the same time. The room was superb - it was a recent refurbished de-luxe double and I was delighted by room and fittings.
I chose to eat my evening meal at the hotel. I thought it was quite expensive to eat in the restaurant, but the service and the food was lovely. I really enjoyed the meal - which was of a high standard - so for a one night treat was great, but I don't think I could warrant eating there again at that price (despite it being really great food & most of it sourced locally). Breakfast was good and once again service was friendly and attentive.
The only down side was that the room was very warm and the windows had limited opening. But all in all a really enjoyable stay in a place which felt more like a 4* hotel

Room Tip: Ask about refurbed/de luxe rooms rooms if you want something special
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went to this hotel to meet a number of work colleagues from Scotland. The hotel is very convenient for the M6 and is very easy to find. There is good parking, a decent restaurant and bar and descent conference facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business