“What a find "Brilliant"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
School House Kendal Holiday Lets
Reviewed 17 March 2013

For my wife to tell me "you have found a gem here" is like winning a gold medal, and if I say so myself she's not wrong. The School house is spotlessly clean, the young couple who are your hosts are friendly, welcoming and keen to make sure everything is just right. The bedroom was warm and inviting, really good shower room (plenty of room for a big bloke), towels that caressed your skin, dressing gowns and an oh so comfortable bed, big enough for me to spread out with upsetting wife.
A bonus is the off street parking which in a tourist town like Kedal is a god send.
Breakfast served in the room was class, set us up for the day, arrived happy left with two new friends on Christmas card list, thank you Dave & Heidi cannot wait to find an excuse to come back.

Room Tip: The only tip is do not expect your sat nav to take you to front door, number 1 Castle Street is in...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Friendly welcome, convenient location and a nice clean, well appointed room. Excellent breakfast (served in room), with an extensive range of options. Lovely hot power shower. All in all an excellent B&B. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Great location, beautiful, spotless room and a very friendly, informative hostess. We wanted to treat ourselves to a romantic weekend away before our baby is born and this was a great choice. We were very kindly supplied with soya milk upon request and given flexibility with our leaving time. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed at School House last summer with my family and we had such a lovely time that it was a no-brainer to stay here again when I was in Kendal for a business trip. Everything was just as I remembered it - a lovely room, fantastic breakfast and a really nice welcome from Heidi and Dave. I was so impressed that they remembered me from the summer and asked after the family - a real sign of how much they care for their guests. Once again I couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kieran C
Reviewed 9 February 2013

A real gem of a place to stay. Ideally situated it is very clean, comfortable, warm and friendly. With an excellent breakfast to start the day and plenty of tea and coffee available in your room accompanied by Kendal Mint Cake and biscuits really gave it that extra special touch. Many thanks for a most memorable stay.

Room Tip: The King Size bed in room 3 is superb.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AEFRigger
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stumbled upon School House on the internet and I am so glad I did. I wanted a peaceful, romantic retreat for a night and that is exactly what I got. The place was spotless clean and we were greeted by a very warm and friendly host who couldn't have been more helpful. The room was a good size and the bed was very, very comfortable with lovely clean linen. Everything that was required was provided, including a hair dryer. I would recommend this B&B to anyone and will certainly return myself. A short walk from the town centre with parking provided.

Room Tip: We only saw one of course but the place is quality from top to bottom so I'm sure all the rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We were heading up to Grasmere in the Lake District on a Friday night but got caught in very bad snow, meaning that we had to unexpectedly stay the night in Kendal. After wandering around Kendal in the cold and the snow, and unsuccessfully trying several places for accommodation, we stumbled upon the School House. Despite turning up without booking fairly late on a Friday night, Heidi and Dave welcomed us into the School House and did everything they could to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Thankfully a room was available and although they were not expecting anybody to stay, it was very warm and cosy, and the bed was really comfortable and the bathroom very clean and nice to use. Heidi and Dave took time to recommend a nearby restaurant which was lovely and much appreciated. We had a fantastic night's sleep and were so grateful for the hospitality and warm welcome. The breakfast was also brilliant, and gave a large choice of different breakfast options - which were all delicious.

Overall, we couldn't speak more highly of this B&B and would definitely recommend staying there. We are very thankful that we managed to find it, and it turned a nightmare journey in the snow into a very enjoyable evening and great night's sleep!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple