“lovely lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

found out about this lovely cafe via the rattle gill web site (another fantastic cafe) . Called on the way back home and will definately be returning. Lovely staff member served us. We had a lovely salad and quiche both being one of the best we have tasted. The atmosphere is good and the tables and chairs very comfy. It was very busy so we shared our table with someone else but because the tables are large we did not feel at all uncomfortable intact we actually enjoyed it
I took out a cheesecake which was divine

1  Thank jill f
There are newer reviews for 2 Sisters Cafe at Plumgarths

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We go every week and never get fed up, all the drinks are lovely and the homemade cakes are great, as are the staff.

2  Thank PJ309832
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent breakfast, menu looks very tempting, very friendly stall would highly recommend, will return well worth the visit

1  Thank KendalKirky1
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a fairly small but well appointed cafe in a rural location a couple of miles outside Kendal. The room is pleasantly set out and has large windows, giving it a bright and airy feel. There is a good selection of snacks and light meals as well as a range of coffees, teas and soft drinks. Best of all are the cakes, which are different and delicious. I had a lemon and elderflower cake which was one of the best I have had anywhere. The cafe was quite busy, which created a good atmosphere. The young staff were very cheerful and friendly. The toilets are very clean. And once you have had a drink and a snack you can go into the farm shop next door. Altogether, a very good discovery and somewhere that I shall definitely return to.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 22 March 2014

But, when we arrived around noon on a weekday, we found that lots of others had already discovered this gem of a nicely tucked-away cafe outside of Kendal, on the way to or from Bowness-on-Windermere. The cafe was packed with customers who were obviously enjoying themselves. There was a definite buzz to the place! While we were waiting for a table, we had a chance to look around the interior, which had on display a wide variety of thoroughly tempting homemade cakes, pies and the like. Once seated, we were raring to go. Three of us had the meal-in-itself soups, one filled with Mediterranean chunky vegetables, the other of two a cauliflower and chorizo creation. Both absolutely superb. Desserts followed, with coffees to follow the sweets. A really lovely meal in a most pleasant dining room with some rural views to please the eye.

We live fairly locally, but despite hearing good reports, we had never got around to seeing for ourselves. Owned and run by two sisters, with great enthusiasm, dedication and attention to detail. Good, real food and a most pleasant atmosphere - a winning combination and a pleasure to see others succeeding based on hard work and lots of smiles.

As I've said in other reviews, I only write these for places I especially enjoy. I do not write them for places I don't, as I know anyone can have a bad day and I don't wish to cause harm to others either. If a place doesn't provide what customers want, it is unlikely to succeed anyway without my having a public rant on this site.

1  Thank Bigfish44