“Great for kids”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Manchester
“Great for kids”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Saw this place advertised whilst staying in the lakes this weekend and decided to detour past it for lunch on the way home and so glad we did. They have a fantastic play area for the kids, chickens and lamas and a crazy golf area. The food was really good and my complicated ordering requests didn't phase the staff. It was really busy so obviously popular with locals. Will def be going back when we're next in the area.

Visited May 2014

Kendal
“Great food great service ”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I have come to the Station Inn twice this year for family parties and on both occasions the food and the service were great even with there being a large group of us in which a pre order was required. The food was well presented and very tasty. Will definatly be eating here again and will be considering having more family meals here in the future.

Cumbria
“Doesn't quite get there but trying!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Recent family occasion with maybe fifteen people attending. Asked to provide food requests before hand which is fine, however, with the proviso we could have a look at the specials board on arrival. I did want a special but "wasn't allowed". I had ordered a burger which had already started to be cooked. Well, must have been a good thirty minutes before I got the burger. I actually ordered it with a view to have a special as the full menu wasn't so exciting and thought a burger would be easy change. Usual pub fayre. So I was put off then, maybe this isn't such an unbiaswed review.
My fellow diners enjoyed their selections, steaks, fish and chips, ham and eggs etc. Burger wasn't so great anyway.. I was asked how it was to be cooked on ordering, said I would confirm on the night, but wasn't asked again. Big thick burger it was. Served on bread boards, I think this trend is on its way out thank goodness. Wood blunts knives and soaks in juices and bloods... not to mention the difficulty for the server.

Wasn't too busy, took a while to serve about ten minutes from first plate to last, so folks finished before others started. Puddings seemed large and very tasty indeed.

Be good for kids as there is plenty of space to play outside.

It wasn't cheap, but good as a pub meal. Mixed opinions!

• Visited February 2014
Kibworth Beauchamp, United Kingdom
“accomodation good but restaurant average”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at the station inn on Tuesday 10th September 2013 for one nights B&B.The bedroom was spacious and bathroom was good with toiletries provided.I had to request a second towel as there was only one in situ and it was delivered promptly.There was a large flat screen tv in the bedroom for those people that need one.We decided to eat in the restaurant for dinner and it was a little disappointing.Tuesday night is steak night and the two choices were a sirloin for £18.95 or a rump for £15.95 which I thought was rather expensive,especially when at the bottom of the board it said if you buy two steaks we will reduce the cheapest one to £5.95.So if you bought two sirloins the effective price was £12.45 each. Unfortunately my wife did not want a steak so I settled for the battered Haddock and chips.The batter was superb,light and crispy,but the meal was let down by rustic chunky chips piled like girders on the plate.The printed menu was poor and you were directed to blackboards full of specials. Breakfast next morning was adequate,cereal,toast,and a cooked choice of bacon,beans,egg,mushrooms sausage.It was served only between 08.00 and 09.00,not ideal for an early start.
If I was to return I would definitely eat out in Kendal town centre where there were several good looking restaurants.Price of the double room was £90..........enough for this location!
By the way a G&T was £4.50.

• Visited September 2013
kendal
“Party of 10 and 2 dogs on bank holiday Sunday- no problem”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We do eat infrequently at the Station inn and have done for years but never for such a large group and on bank holiday. would advise to book, but as they have both inside, in the bar - (dog friendly) and restaurant as well as plenty of tables outside near the childrens play area you are always made welcome. As they cook to order you will have a wait but its good food and worth the wait. We ordered 8 different meals, a prawn cocktail as a main meal (small appetite), 2 burgers (1 with extras), 3 steak and ale(blond witch) pie, scampi, chilli, pasta and finally a childs meal. With drinks it came to just over £100 so not bad as we were all very fully fed. The staff are nice and helpful. Afterwards the children had a play on the bouncy castle, play ground and there are alpacas to look at. If you want to spend a couple of pounds you can have a go on the crazy golf which entertained the children for a while. Not the cheapest place but with good parking, nice views and good food an good place to eat out.

• Visited August 2013