“Great gluten free food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Traditional cafe
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a great place to eat. The fish and chips (with a gluten free batter) was delicious the batter was very light and crispy. Served with chips, mushy peas and bread(gluten free option available). The cakes were lovely and the hand made mince pies were the best I've tasted. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great to have so much gluten free options. Will visit again if we are in the area.

2  Thank sue B

Reviewed 25 November 2013

had been to this cafe once before and met the team at the coeliac fair at carlisle so called in to check out the food. My husband ordered fish,chips and mushy peas with bread and butter and tea all for £5.99. I ordered same very tasty batter and was filling even though it was the smaller portion.Most of the customers coming in that day were ordering gluten free food so must be doing ok. I dont know how they manage to keep the ordinary food seperate from the gluten free as the kitchen is quite small. We were a bit apprehensive as it is so easy to cross contaminate but as yet my husband seems fine.

1  Thank TripMember03312015
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Good selection of food and after having a breakfast there one Saturday morning I had to go back for and found the time for a coffee and a slice of home made coffee cake.
Friendly staff and a clean restaurant.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have had meals here on several occations and have always been able to have gluton free option, inluding yorkshire puddings and scrumptious home made cakes

1  Thank Madge P
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I actually walked past and went back so glad I did I had quiche which they warmed up in the oven not the microwave delicious food and a warm welcome worth a visit

1  Thank cheshirechrissy