“A mixed review”

Add it.
Quaker Tearoom
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and daughter and I found this tea room on a Lakeland wet day, a really peaceful sanctuary. It is vegetarian, we are not but my daughter especially isn't! We had lunch. My wife and I enjoyed our paninis but daughter had the veggie sausages and didn't like them. It was a lovely welcoming place to sit and while away an hour or so. We were not rushed away. Parking was free. I am sure many will give it a higher rating, ours is brought down one star by our daughter who would only give it two stars!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Meeting House café is a friendly place with cook's specials each day, soup, paninis, baked potatoes with fillings. It is vegetarian and has highest scores on the hygiene ratings. The cheese scones are great, especially toasted. I usually eat there two or three times a week, and feel that the other reviews sound like a different place! There's good coffee, and usually a good choice of cakes.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

This is a nice tea room attached to the lovely Quaker Tapestry Exhibition in Kendal. You can expect a decent cup of tea and some OK cakes.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Very disappointing food. We went here to have some lunch. It is a vegetarian cafe but the menu was very boring & expensive for what it is. Unfortunately, we left as there was nothing special on the menu unless you fancied an egg sandwich!!! Not for me I'm afraid.

1  Thank Popsypops