“Great food, will definatley be back.”
Review of Wheatsheaf Hotel - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wheatsheaf Hotel
Cuisines: British
Kendal, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, will definatley be back.”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Came for an evening meal with my husband and have to say that it was fantastic. The food was lovely and there was plenty of it. We were made to feel welcome by the friendly lad behind the bar and would not hesitate to return. Have recommended The Wheatsheaf to friends as this place is one of Kendal's gems.

• Visited August 2013

Kendal, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Fantastick food,,good service enjoy time with billiard table,We back for my birthday ,steak time and beer:).

• Visited July 2013
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Been in for lunch today, the portions were a good size and the food was piping hot. Very tasty lasagne and my son enjoyed his fish and chips.

• Visited May 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Food a plenty”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Only had a evening meal here but so glad we did.Very much a pub at ground floor.We eat in the bar although there is another room where a music night takes place on occasions.Friendly locals made us welcome on a rainy night and we were able to watch some rugby on a large screen sampling an excellent pint of ale.
We decided on the leg of lamb minted with potatoes and vegetables.It was cooked to perfection and so tasty.We followed this with home made apple pie and custard a popular choice with some of the locals.It was a very substantial meal and chef and staff were keen to know if you had enjoyed the food.No problem the meal was great in a place of no airs or graces.Well worth a visit. Good value.

Visited March 2013
Liverpool
“Good Beer , Good Food”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I was up in Kendal a few weeks back and had been recommended by my B&B host the previous year that this Pub was a good place for both beer and good pub grub. It seems that since my visit in 2011 , ownership of the Wheatsheaf has changed hands , and sometimes that can mean a drop in standards.

Well thats certainly not the case here. I ate here on 2 evenings during my stay. The first night i started with a warming bowl of Pea& ham soup with some crusty bread, and followed that up with a lasagne. I have to say it was a struggle to polish off the lasagne as the servings were huge....

On the second eveinng I gave the soup option a miss and just had a main. again excellent and very filling

The beer too was spot on , a range of three real ales available , and I had some Hawkshead Bitter and some Golden Sheep .

So i would recommend eating and drinking here, friendly hosts , good food and beer , what more do you want.

Looking forward to visiting again when up in Kendal next November (2013)

• Visited November 2012