“Not impressed”

Alexander's
Ranked #41 of 150 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Alexander's serves some of the finest pub food in the Lake District, with something to tempt all palates - a combination of hearty traditional pub fayre, locally sourced steakboard and contemporary twists on your favourite dishes. We're passionate about real ales have four local ales on tap at any one time
Cheshire
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a meal for 8 pm and were told at 7.56 pm that the table was not ready which we appreciated we were four minutes early, we were told to get a drink at the bar, the bar was like something out of a carry on film, young staff all
Leaning over each other no ice even though it was the hottest day of the year. I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the staff at the bar it was ver "take it or leave it", at 8.20 I went to see what was happening with our table and was informed it would be ready in a minute as they had to get the cutlery, I was very annoyed the young man I spoke to apologised but he knew from my face I was not impressed. We were plonked in the middle of the room with staff traipsing past us every two minutes, the food was average and expensive. I would not recommend this place at all. I have not included this complaint in my review of the hotel as I was very happy with my room and the staff who attended to us at breakfast although I did see one of the surly young ladies from the night before clearing up. I got the impression from Alexander's that a more mature person should be in charge. Disappointed

Ben M, General Manager at Alexander's, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I would like to thank you for leaving feedback regarding your experience in Alexander's Pub. Please let me apologise, I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the service you received on this occasion.
We pride ourselves on offering a warm friendly welcome whether it be in Alexander's Pub or the main hotel which can be seen in the vast majority of our Trip Advisor reviews but I accept that on this occasion the staff could have been more attentive. Your comments will be urgently shared with our pub manager, as it is through your honest and constructive feedback that we are able improve how we operate.
If you would like to give Alexander's another chance I would be happy to book you a table and ensure your needs are taken care of.

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Lovely location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Called in to hotel to check out the leisure facilities, so thought we might as well have lunch while we were there. When we went into the Pub we were met by Joel the restaurant manager, he was lovely, smiling, and attentive, there if you needed him.So glad we did, I had a chicken salad which was enormous, my husband had the burger of the day which was lamb and mint, nice and thick. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals, I took ages to finish it with it being so big. We will definitely be Back and recommending the Pub. There are lovely views while you are in there.

• Visited July 2014
Liversedge, United Kingdom
“POOR”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

the service was terrible and the staff were rude the bar was supposed to be open until 11pm we arrived at 10.30 and was told in no uncertain terms that they were closed and we was not getting served

Visited June 2014
Ben M, General Manager at Alexander's, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
It is extremely unusual to receive comments of this nature regarding the friendliness of the service provided by the Castle Green team. I have tried to contact this guest by telephone and email to discuss their comments to try and better understand where we failed to meet their expectations.

We pride ourselves on offering a warm friendly welcome whether it be in Alexanders Pub or the main hotel which can be seen in the vast majority of our Trip Advisor reviews.
Preston, United Kingdom
“Tasty and good price”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Good service,good price and tasty. Homely atmosphere much more reasonably priced than the hotel restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best guest ales.....ever!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Liked the views, the bar food and particularly the guest ales. The only thing that disappointed was the fact that the beers when they ran out weren't replaced immediately! On y return the beer that I loved (Dents Fellranger) was unavailable. Truly disappointing and just poorly planned. Otherwise superb.

Visited June 2014