“Best Bakewell Tart we've ever had!”
Review of Relish

Relish
Ranked #26 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Grade 2 listed building in the heart of Kendal, serving locally sourced home made food - famed for our pulled pork & homemade BBQ sauce, slow cooked beef chilli, soups & breads, home roasted meats, and of course Karen's famous cakes.
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped into Relish for a cup of tea during our honeymoon stay in the Lake District. Lovely staff, service and bloody excellent Bakewell Tart. They even cater for celiacs. Didn't try any of their main dishes on this occasion but will be back. Well worth stopping in if you are in the area.

1  Thank DrMacc

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a cup of coffee here, - it is charming inside, and lovely service. Nice to be able to choose somewhere where they care because they are a one-off. Food looked good and fresh, will try it next time we are visiting the Lakes.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I eat here when ever I can, the food is great and freshly made and amazing value, the staff aways have a smile on their face and a warm welcome. Highly recommend Relish for all your lunch needs in Kendal

1  Thank Eoin R
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I took my family for a sandwich and a drink at lunchtime . The service was excellent and very friendly . The restaurant has been recently refurbished and looks a lot better but is still excellent value for money. In addition to the sandwiches which are excellent there is generally a hot dish each day . My wife had this and thoroughly enjoyed it .

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I eat in or take away from Relish at least once a week. I can thoroughly recommend a takeaway salad box or baguette ! The refurbished sit in eating area is great and I can recommend any of the freshly prepared hot meals which are filling and great value for money !

1  Thank Alister M