“Cracking little Deli”

Ranked #26 of 146 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Grade 2 listed building in the heart of Kendal, serving locally sourced home made food - famed for our pulled pork & homemade BBQ sauce, slow cooked beef chilli, soups & breads, home roasted meats, and of course Karen's famous cakes.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cracking little Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We popped in here on honeymoon for a coffee back in February, and then came back today for lunch as we're camping in the area. For a little deli, this place packs a lot of taste! The select your own salad was more than just your standard lettuce tomato and cucumber. I was greeted with carrot and ginger, mango and chilli, cous cous, humous.... fresh coleslaw... It was absolutely belting! My wife had the soup which was a homemade minestrone, which again was a winner. The lunch was topped off by freshly ground coffee. Couldn't ask for better. That and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“a real gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stumbled across Relish while looking for somewhere to get some lunch. I was tired and hungry and needed refreshment asap! Relish immediately looked appealing. Staff were friendly and menu extremely varied.

It took me a while to make my mind up but I was very pleased with my baguette with cheese, ham and red onion relish which was extremely tasty and the baguette very fresh. A great big pot of tea finished things off nicely.

I highly recommend this gem of a place. I just wish I had this next door to my office!

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited Kendal on a rainy day which was truly brightened by discovering Relish. It was immediately attractive with its lovely green shop front and its temping menu in the window.
The food was delicious, I had a jacket potato with homemade hummus (best I have tasted!) and a wonderful salad. My husband had the chilli, which he said was great. I would highly recommend stopping by and would not hesitate to visit again.

Visited June 2014
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Very pleased to just happen upon this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sometimes your choices can be ruled too much by tripadvisor, and sometimes you just have to go with the flow. On this occasion, we were looking for somewhere to stop for a late snack lunch and liked the look of this place. It was only afterwards that we realised its tripadvisor rating was so good.

There was a bit of a queue at the counter, but we ordered and then went and found a table. Considering how busy the counter looked, our food seemed to come quite quickly. The young girl serving was very friendly and looked after us well. The cake proved irresistable and we shared a slab of something lemony. (Shared about 99:1 lol!)

• Visited May 2014
wiltshire
“Decent chilli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on our way to the west lakes. Service was ok if a little slow initially to take our order but the takeaway counter was busy at the time. The chilli was really really tasty & my other half enjoyed his sandwich. Would definitely return.