“Perfection”

Ranked #1 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“Perfection”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Our stay at balcony house was perfect from the room it's self to the breakfast, not to mention the warm welcome from the host recommend this lovely B and B to anyone thanks Mandy and Brian :) we hope to come again in the future

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Balcony House. We were very encouraged by all the lovely reviews & we were not disappointed!

The house is beautiful, the breakfast yummy, and set us up well for the day ahead & the room was perfect for relaxing in after a busy day walking/ exploring. The room was spotless and was full of personal touches.

Mandy & Brian made the stay however! What absolute stars.....I thought I'd lost my car keys, panicking and fearing the worst they went above and beyond to help, Brian took us out searching and reassuring us! (Luckily we found them!!!)

I usually stay in chain type hotels, never again!!! I only hope that future B&B's I stay at are as welcoming, accommodating, friendly and genuniely lovely as Mandy and Brian- these guys were born to host!!!

Keep up the good work guys, hope to visit again very soon!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My friend and i stayed at the balcony house for two nights in February this year, we had never been to the lakes before, and the balcony house was the first B&B that came up on our search engine. Even from the first inquiry the service received from Mandy and Brian was excellent, and really helpful.
We stayed in the 4 poster room with the balcony at the front, and had use of the main bathroom, both of which were lovely and extremely clean. The Balcony house itself was stunning, with such beautiful characteristics.
Mandy and Brian were very welcoming when we arrived, and Brian went above and beyond to help us find our way round the area of Kendal, giving us lifts into town and offering his expert knowledge of the area!
Mandy was lovely, and introduced us to the whole family (Grace the dog, Doug the duck and Kevin the rabbit!) all of which are kept in their living quarters so as not to disturb those that don't like animals!
The breakfast provided was absolutely delicious with plenty of variety- hot and cold options , and this set us up nicely for our days out.
On a whole the atmosphere that Mandy and Brian have created at the balcony house is a very homely welcoming one, and we both felt entirely comfortable and at home there. We really enjoyed our stay, and will definitely be back! Thank you very much! :o)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

What a beautiful B&B. My room was extremely comfortable and immaculately clean. It was also very nicely decorated - I wished I'd been there on a romantic weekend and not a midweek business trip! But what really made the stay so lovely were Mandy and Brian, the incredibly welcoming and warm owners. Each morning Brian even drove me to my first meeting because it's notoriously difficult to get Taxis at the same time as the school run. They both went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and at home - which when you are travelling alone makes all the difference. I can't recommend this lovely place enough.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Just returned from another stay at the Balcony House in mid Jan 2013
Thought it could not be any better than last time!
How wrong we were, felt like we were visiting family, the welcome we received.
Attention to detail all weekend. Stayed at another place for work, 3 times the price and not a patch on the Balcony House. Even the owner has taken time to achieve a hygiene certificate, that to me shows commitment to standards and quality. Have already booked again with friends to return in March. So yet again FANTASTIC!!!!!!! regards Jeff & Julie

Room Tip: all rooms of high specification and quality
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Balcony house. We were made to feel very welcome with advice and maps about the area from Mandy. The decor of the B&B is beautiful and our room was gorgeous, clean and classy decor. I would recommend to any others staying in Kendal.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The Balcony House had been recommended to me and I wasn't disapointed. My mother and I stayed there and we were made very welcome. The room was lovely and modern and very clean with everything you would need with extras to make you feel at home. The breakfast was the best I have ever had and Mandy and Brian went out of their way to welcom and accommodate us, the best B&B I've ever stayed at and will definitly be going back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
#2 of 42 in Kendal
Grizedale Lodge
Grizedale Lodge
#1 of 1 in Grizedale

Been to Balcony House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!