Balcony House Bed and Breakfast
County Hotel(Kendal)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmandy brianb bperfect hostsfull englishdressing gownshome from homea wonderful staywarm welcomeprivate bathroomlake districtlittle touchesbeautiful housebreakfast was deliciousguest househigh standardfriendly hostslovely couple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This has to be one of the best B&B's my wife and I have ever stayed in. The welcome was so friendly from Mandy and Brian. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a spacious double room which was nicely decorated. There was tea and coffee-making facilities with KitKats and chocolates waiting for us on our arrival. There was a wide choice of cereals for breakfast and a full English breakfast was also available. We were able to park immediately outside the B&B. The shops, restaurants etc are about a 15 minute walk away. Kendal Railway Station is probably only a 10 minute walk. The next time we are in the area we will definitely return to Balcony House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you are seeking a comfortable place to stay in Kendal, you will not be disappointed staying at Balcony House. A very warm welcome awaits, with comfortable rooms, a beautifully cooked, plentiful breakfast and a lovely living room to relax in with plentiful reading material if you've forgotten your book. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a fabulous place to stay. Spent two nights at the Balcony House for a girlie weekend and it did just what is says on the packet and more. Mandy and Brian couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable every little detail is thought about. The room I stayed in was beautiful, I had my own bathroom and shower room. Will be going again very soon. Four very happy ladies from Manchester

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights here, wishing it could be longer. You are welcomed to their lovely home by hosts Mandy and Brian. The standards of quality and service are equal to any first class hotel. Everything is spotlessly clean. My ensuite room was tastefully decorated, even with a sparkling chandelier. The bathroom had a great shower, fluffy white towels, cosy robes and toiletries. The bed was soooo..comfortable with quality linens. Also had flat screen TV and fully stocked hospitality tray. Room overlooked garden and duck pond with the hills in the background - so serene and quiet.
Breakfast served in their attractive diningroom included many choices and if you opt for the full breakfast, I guarantee you won't need lunch. It was scrumptious!
At the end of the day I looked forward to returning to relax and enjoy my most comfortable room.
If I lived in England, I would be a frequent return visitor, and I am sure they have many returning guests.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to email directly with any questions or concerns you have. Good hosts will reply promptly and answer questions willingly.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank elaine s
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just had two wonderful nights at this wonderful B & B. Lots if top quality furnishings and little extras that made our stay extra special. Brian and Mandy are fantastic hosts recommending good places to eat and drink with the addition of lifts to make sure we knew where to go, this was above and beyond anything experienced before. I must also praise the delicious full English breakfast with top quality produce. Would have no hesitation in recommending this little gem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends