All reviews home made cakes biscuits the river little touches porridge she loves full english banana cake on arrival places to eat and drink fresh milk home from home quality ingredients town centre breakfast was delicious extra touches local walks
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband & I had an amazing stay at Lyndhurst. It was in an excellent & picturesque location, Yvonne greeted us with a warm welcome talking to us about Kendal & gave us lots of advice on restaurants- believe me they were excellent recommendations. Yvonne made our stay perfect, such a lovely lady & her breakfasts were amazing especially the porridge. The rooms were so comfy that after a day walking about the lakes it look seconds to fall asleep. We will definitely be back.

Becky & Howard

Date of stay: June 2012
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello Becky
Thank you so so much for your wonderful words (I hope I never lose that wonderful warm feeling in me that I get when I get such lovely reviews). I am so pleased you liked your stay with me and that you had a great time here in Kendal.
I can not wait to have you back here with me and hope until then you have a great time.
Hugs and cuddles

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for two nights while touring the Lake District. The B&B was very comfortable and the owners very friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was good and the rooms large, clean, with good beds. The neighborhood was quiet and pretty.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lyndhurst8, Owner at Lyndhurst Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Hello Larry
Thank you very much for your review, it is very kind of you to take the time and effort to leave this lovely & positive feedback. (Very proud Yvonne smiling at the scream whilst writing this)
Taking the fact you left the review, I can assume you are back home safe and sound.
Thats even better.

Thank you again, it made my day to hear from you

Reviewed 6 June 2012

went to Kendal with a members from loving gsd (web site) i can't do camping so my husband
and we booked in to Lyndhurst b+b , we loved staying there Stuart welcomed us gave us a map and recommend places to go and places to eat, the room was excellent ,clean tidy , and the bed was so comfy it was the first time i had 2 full nights sleep for months (need to know where they got that bed) in the morning Yvonne chatted away with us like she knew us for years but also gave us our space to enjoy the breakfast she made for us even the girls that helped out where a joy, we loved our weekend here and would recommend going here to anyone .if i had anything bad to say it would be the toilet seat was unsteady and a new loo brush is needed but that's just tiny little things . we are sure if we are going to kendal again we would book here. Thank-you Stuart and Yvonne for a chilled weekend xx

Room tip: so relaxing just chill out and enjoy
Date of stay: June 2012

Hello Angie
Thank you so so much for the lovely review. I am so pleased you have enjoyed your stay and am even more pleased to read that you where able to sleep through the nights.

Thank you for the brush issue, it is resolved and so it the unsteady toilet seat, I have fixed handles to both wall so guests can hold themselves steady now :-) (only joking it is fixed of course).
But again thank you for letting me know, it makes it so much easier to keep this house in ship shape with the help of guests.

It has been a real pleasure having you in the house and I am looking forward to have you back here for the next meeting.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My boyfriend and I visited for a mini-break and we couldn't have found a better place! We were greeted with the friendly face of Stuart, who sat us down and recommended some great places to eat in the town. He also recommend where not to eat, I doubt many other hotel/b and b owners take the time to do that. We were shown to our room, which had a gorgeous view of the river, and a huge bed! The room was spotless, with freeview, and various hot drinks for us to help our selves to. Breakfast by Yvonne in the morning started us off for the long days ahead. Nothing was too much. Extra toast? Yes please! Her cheery spirit filled the room, and her stories had us chuckling! The Tuesday night was a rather rainy one, so as the website says, we called Lyndhurst to see if we could eat our take-away food in the dining area. Of course, it was no problem. When we arrived back, Yvonne had set up a table for us, with kitchen roll, cutlery and plates. We couldn't believe it! Our stay was fantastic, we were wished good day when we left every morning, and I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. Execellent value for money, and a very friendly place. I don't doubt we will revisit in the future!

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I needed a room for a couple of nights as I was visiting friends and family in Kendal. The Lyndhurst Guest House gave me everything I required, a nice single room, lovely view of the river, room was clean and comfortable and had everything you needed. The breakfast was in with the single room price and was excellent.
Good price, good accommodation, and good hosts. What more can you ask for??

Date of stay: December 2011