All reviewshome made cakesthe riverbiscuitslittle touchesbanana cakefull englishfresh milkon arrivaltown centrebreakfast was delicioushome from homeenjoyable staya great stayb bslocal produceroom was spotlesssingle room
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were not expecting to stay in Kendal and we needed to find accommodation quick. After a quick search and a phone call we found Lyndhurst guest house. With a beaming charming face to greet us, Yvonne is a delight, she showed us to our room with a huge bed, which was a welcoming sight.
She directed us where to go, places to eat and a map in hand.
Breakfast was delicious and we would definitely stay again if we are in Kendal.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sazparilla
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We visited Kendal for 3 nights and stayed in Lyndhurst. The location along the river is very nice and quite close to town centre. The room we stayed in was rather small at the top of the house - but we had been offered the choice of different size rooms when I rang, so in fairness I chose the double room - but on arrival thought it was a bit small. Having said that I did see a room on the same floor that was very large - so I would recommend a "king" size room when booking. The room we had was very clean with tea/coffee facilities plus nice biscuits.
As stated in other reviews we had to choose a time slot for breakfast - which was fine for us but I thought maybe would not suit everyone if they wanted to sleep on one of the mornings. We had cooked breakfast each morning which was served promptly and was very nice.
Overall I would recommend Lyndhurst guest house as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for king size room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband & I had an amazing stay at Lyndhurst. It was in an excellent & picturesque location, Yvonne greeted us with a warm welcome talking to us about Kendal & gave us lots of advice on restaurants- believe me they were excellent recommendations. Yvonne made our stay perfect, such a lovely lady & her breakfasts were amazing especially the porridge. The rooms were so comfy that after a day walking about the lakes it look seconds to fall asleep. We will definitely be back.

Becky & Howard

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello Becky
Thank you so so much for your wonderful words (I hope I never lose that wonderful warm feeling in me that I get when I get such lovely reviews). I am so pleased you liked your stay with me and that you had a great time here in Kendal.
I can not wait to have you back here with me and hope until then you have a great time.
Hugs and cuddles

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for two nights while touring the Lake District. The B&B was very comfortable and the owners very friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was good and the rooms large, clean, with good beds. The neighborhood was quiet and pretty.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Lyndhurst8, Owner at Lyndhurst Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Hello Larry
Thank you very much for your review, it is very kind of you to take the time and effort to leave this lovely & positive feedback. (Very proud Yvonne smiling at the scream whilst writing this)
Taking the fact you left the review, I can assume you are back home safe and sound.
Thats even better.

Thank you again, it made my day to hear from you

Reviewed 6 June 2012

went to Kendal with a members from loving gsd (web site) i can't do camping so my husband
and we booked in to Lyndhurst b+b , we loved staying there Stuart welcomed us gave us a map and recommend places to go and places to eat, the room was excellent ,clean tidy , and the bed was so comfy it was the first time i had 2 full nights sleep for months (need to know where they got that bed) in the morning Yvonne chatted away with us like she knew us for years but also gave us our space to enjoy the breakfast she made for us even the girls that helped out where a joy, we loved our weekend here and would recommend going here to anyone .if i had anything bad to say it would be the toilet seat was unsteady and a new loo brush is needed but that's just tiny little things . we are sure if we are going to kendal again we would book here. Thank-you Stuart and Yvonne for a chilled weekend xx

Room Tip: so relaxing just chill out and enjoy
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello Angie
Thank you so so much for the lovely review. I am so pleased you have enjoyed your stay and am even more pleased to read that you where able to sleep through the nights.

Thank you for the brush issue, it is resolved and so it the unsteady toilet seat, I have fixed handles to both wall so guests can hold themselves steady now :-) (only joking it is fixed of course).
But again thank you for letting me know, it makes it so much easier to keep this house in ship shape with the help of guests.

It has been a real pleasure having you in the house and I am looking forward to have you back here for the next meeting.