“"Unforgettable that's what you are".”

Lyndhurst Guest House
Ranked #2 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Just returned from a winter break in Kendal.My wife and I stayed at Lyndhurst for the first time and we are so glad we chose this Guest House.The position overlooks the river Kent and we had a great view from our top floor spacious bedroom window.We were fortunate to get the largest room with a fab extra large kingsize bed. Oh so comfortable!There was the availability of free WIFI for boys with toys! The room had two chairs one being an easy chair and the small but adequate en-suite had a good power shower.TV was ok but set dated and BBC was a poor picture but I believe its a problem locally.
We are both in our mid seventies but managed the stairs easily with good handrails and it kept us in trim after a great breakfast that kept you going all day until evening.(Don't forget to try the porridge!!)As in previous reviews Yvonne the landlady offers guests a breakfast time of choice and we took the 09.30 slot. .Yvonne really looked after us and is a bright breezy character with a great amusing personality.Her chat and friendliness was a bonus to our holiday that we will long remember. A real "breath of fresh air" and a wealth of knowledge of good places to eat in the town.
The accommodation is well located a short riverside walk to town passing a number of places to eat and close to art gallery and exhibition of Lakeland life.Would certainly stay here again if visiting Kendal

Room Tip: chose bedroom with extra large kingsize bed.(Largest Room)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart H

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed here over the New Year and will be back!

Yvonne is a hoot and is the most relaxed landlady (is that the correct term?) I've ever met.

The room was comfortable and warm, but as I have said before the breakfast is the thing for me. And I was not disappointed.

If basing yourself in kendal, I think you should try and stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

As with the previous review, I too stayed here at Lyndhurst for the recent Mountain Festival weekend,

Its the 4th year I have stayed here for the KMF, and each year its the same faces who greet you at breakfast on your first morning, fellow guests who return year after year.
So that to me is testimonial in itself.

Since my last review in 2009 ,I am now the occupant of a single room at Lyndhurst.
Everything i needed was there - Freeview TV, usual Tea/coffee making kit , and a nice bathroom with good shower.

Breakfast , excellent as ever and really does set you up for the day.
Parking has got a little more difficult over the years but thats nothing to do with the B&B.I had to walk about 30 yards this year to my car....:-)

So i would recommend anyone to check out Lyndhurst. Its well located for all of Kendals attractions, I doubt you'll get a bed for Mountain Festival weekend next November mind, but there's 51 other weeekends in the year and you wont go far wrong staying here.

Oh yes, rude hosts ?.....nah dont think so!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank dtraveller_8
Lyndhurst8, Owner at Lyndhurst Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this very nice review. We look forward hugely to the Kendal Mountain Festival every year, when we welcome back the same guests year after year. It is always more like a family re-union than anything else. The atmosphere in the house is always absolutely fantastic - it always leaves us with a glow which helps sustain us through the dark winter months.

So, thank you again for your kind words. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for the fifth time for this years KMF.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We were up in Kendal for the Mountain Festival and were lucky enough to get booked in to this excellent B and B. The location is excellent - just 5 mins to the Brewery Arts Centre. The owners could not have been more helpful and hospitable. Ignore the review about rudeness! We would certainly book again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I tried to enquiere about a room at the guesthouse for the following week; a woman opened the door looked me up and down and said 'no chance' followed by slamming the door in my face.
I live locally and wanted to check the accomodation for some family, I have never been confronted with such rudeness and am still in shock by that response. There was no need for such bad manners- would not raccomend at all.

Would like to hear a good explanation why anyone should be treated this way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank mariaANDfreddy
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Were greeted by the very bubbly Yvonne upon our arrival who greeted us and gave us a quick map tour of local attractions and resturants! It was lovely to be greeted by someone with so much energy and so welcoming.

We had a super-king room on the top floor which had a nice view of the river. the room was clean and had tea/coffee and biscuits! and a power shower (a must for walkers!). Breakfast was served promptly each morning and was always yummy! Both owners were a delight to speak to and asked about our day each time was saw them.

Lyndhurst is about a 10 minute walk from the centre of Kendal and all the local attractions-would definately stay again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My wife and I returned to the Lyndhurst to start off our three week tour of England. As usual Yvonne was a delight and a breath of fresh air - very welcoming, friendly and witty. Our room was bright and clean, if perhaps a little compact, but had all the tea/coffee making facilities and a new introduction -- WiFi ! Her breakfasts were excellent and a great start to the day. Many thanks Yvonne and our best wishes. The Grants from Paisley.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple