“fab meal”

Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fun, casual, dinning experience, providing 'food for sharing' with a Spanish influence, a great atmosphere and exciting cocktails.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Been here a couple of times now. First time with 7 ladies, food we could not fault at all lots of choices to go around. All came at varied times so nobody got left out at having a try of something.

the only downside was the music was above our heads , but when asked they did turn it down so we could chat away. :-)

Second time came with work mates, once again lots of good choices were made at us all having as share of each others food.

If you do go I would say go with the meantality of sharing, this is what tapas is all about, hope to return again asap :-))

Pedroskendal, Owner at Pedros Kendal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review, sorry about the music above your heads :/, and we totally agree with the comment on coming with the mentality of sharing, that's what we are all about, and it is so much better when people get the concept, they enjoy it so much more, thanks again, Ryan

Reviewed 27 June 2014

5 'ladies who dine' visited Pedros last night for a leaving 'do' and found the whole experience wonderful - from start to finish. From the warm, friendly welcome (and mocktails) to the stunning food (arriving promptly, with no fuss, no hassle, and sorted for the shellfish allergist...) right down to tempting us with freshly made churros with chocolate and caramel dipping sauces, the team serving us got it absolutely spot on (and since we are all hospitality professionals, we are the fussiest bunch to serve.) We even booked another night before we left.
You MUST go to Pedros - and then you must go back and keep going. Kendal deserves a place like this, and if it keeps doing what it does, we're in for a treat, every night of the week.
Keep it up guys!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fab review! it means a lot to us as you will most likely already know that our customers enjoy their experience and the whole team look at trip advisor on a daily basis as they are as passionate as we are. Hope to see you again very soon, thanks again, Ryan

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Tried this place with the family Saturday lunch time and wasn't disappointed.
I am not sure if I would consider this authentic spanish tapas although the plates were by enlarge very tasty.
The chorizo dish I thought quite poor and 1 of the cream based choices would have been enough as they were very rich.
Having said this the price is very good and you could always make another selection if something didn't suit your palate without feeling hard done too.
I have got to say I wish the place all the very best and believe they have laid a firm foundation to build on.

1  Thank Dinnergong

hi, thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The service was pretty slow as we were sat around the corner and left waiting for some time. I had the blue cheese burger, which was well over done. I was not asked how I would like my meat but presumed medium would (and should) be the standard. There were no serviettes on the table and we were offered no condiments, not even salt and pepper, which would of been handy for the bland fries. It is very well priced but for what the food and service was I wouldn't visit again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A friend and I had a lovely meal a couple of weeks ago in Pedro's to celebrate her birthday. The food was a good mix of tapas and pizzas. We enjoyed a bit of a mixture, some of which were excellent and one or two which were a bit ordinary. The food was good tho on the whole and the presentation was really good. The cocktails and sangria were lovely not overly strong which is often a failing with cocktails. My friend was given a complimentary Kirsch Royale as it was her birthday, we thought this was a nice touch. The customer service was good even tho they were very busy that night. It seemed essential to book a table, certainly on a Saturday night. All in all a fun night with enjoyable food and drink. We will be going again as soon as I visit my friend in Kendal again.

2  Thank makoshr

hi and thanks for your review, its good to hear a constructive review and we are really glad you enjoyed it. it would be great to know which dishes where ordinary an then we can look at changing them? hope to see you again shortly, thanks, ryan