“Just when we needed to stop”

Low Sizergh Barn Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Kendal
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having hoped to have lunch in the Abbey Tearoom in Shap (closed on Mondays) we found this place just before arriving at our Caravan Club destination. Lovely specials, freshly cooked and served courteously, low beams need negotiating (I'm very tall), and cakes looked very tempting. Coffee was OK. I thought it was quite expensive for a tearoom (one course, one drink each, well over £30) and the food downstairs we also thought expensive, so too the ladies' clothes. Some lovely walks from the cafe and you can see the cows being milked later in the afternoon from the tearoom if you wish. We would go back again, we enjoyed it and the staff were all very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Low Sizergh Barn Tea Room

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lovely farm shop, gift shop and tea room with the added bonus at 3.30pm of being able to watch the cows being milked! Unique experience! Looking forward to visiting again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

With 2 friends I visited the tea rooms for lunch. There is a lovely atmosphere as soon as you walk into the shop before making your way up to the tea rooms (there is a lift for anyone unable to use the stairs). We were greeted by a very pleasant waitress we made our choice from the specials board I had the spicy lentil, aubergine and potato bake with a salad garnish and my friends had the ham and cheese quiche with salad garnish, all were priced under £8, this was accompanied by a pot of tea . My bake was delicious, the only downside was that the potatoes in the salad were cold and would have complemented the bake if they had been warm, but this is nit picking, I would go back and order the same again!!!!! My 2 companions said that there quiche was one of the best that they had eaten in a long time full of flavour and no "soggy bottom". After our meal we went downstairs and into the shop where we made some purchases to remember our visit .A lot of the cakes are baked on the premises,Lots of local produce, great chutneys and items that would make a great hamper for any foodie at Christmas. All in all a great lunch that was very good value for money.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We needed a cup of tea and spotted this Tea room so pulled in for a rest. Delighted to see a lift up to the restaurant and it was around 4pm. We weren't sure if there would still be any food left but I saw a massive Raspberry Pavlova and also a plate with an apple and raisin tart. My pavlova was wonderful. Loads of it and plenty of Fresh thick cream. Messy but lovely. Service was quick, everything looked clean. However if you don't like farm smells don't go at milking time as the odour of manure wafts but you don't notice it after a while.Lovely place to take children, wheelchair friends walks and a nice shop with a lot of local prodect. Clothing upstairs.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place was recommended to us by a local as a good place to eat before going onto Levens Hall. Very interesting to look around and explore, if you have the time. In the afternoon you can watch the cows being milked (my grandson was disappointed that we could not return for that). We had two small Cumbrian breakfasts and a full Cumbrian breakfast with coffee for three and it came to £26.00. Very tasy food but very small portions.