“What a Gem”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Everything a great Bistro should be, a great range of wines, knowledgeable staff, perfect service yet a great relaxed atmosphere. The Menu offers a great variety and although the standard is high - the prices are very fair indeed. Better standards than many much larger, pricier establishments I have visited. You will need to book for evenings as its a small establishment with a large following!!

There are newer reviews for Deja Vu

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Second time we have eaten here and we were not disappointed. Food and service excellent. Nice atmosphere too which added up to a lovely evening.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I went here with my boyfriend on a little escape to the Lake District. We wanted to have a nice long meal without breaking the bank, and the early bird deal here was perfect.

The food was beautiful. Such a great menu with exciting vegetarian options. The "Roasted artichoke, red onion, tomato & basil roulade" was one of the best things I've ever eaten.
The dessert was a slight let down - in the interests of being a bit healthy, I ordered poached pears with elderflower sorbet. I had expected the pears to be warm and gooey, but they were really cold, and I didn't really enjoy it. That's just personal taste though. I should have gone for indulgence, because my boyfriend's 'assiette of mini desserts' was fantastic!

I can't believe how brilliant value the deal is, we almost felt guilty for paying so little for such exquisite food! I don't see how any restaurants nearby can top this. Huge compliments to the chef. The waiting staff were so friendly and welcoming too, we felt very well looked after. It's a really nicely decorated cosy restaurant too. Perfect for couples or friends to go for a special meal.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Highly recommend a visit, food and atmosphere great....great variety of vegetarian options on the menu and desserts a treat indeed

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We enjoy eating out but are often less than satisfied . This place was an exception ! The quality of food was outstanding and looking as other peoples plates were being served everything else looked great. Good food , good service , good company and excellent 'cool' background music . A lovely ambience to the whole evening.