“Fabulous French food”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Deja Vu is a delightful French bistro on Stricklandgate in Kendal. It's a cosy, unpretentious place, with the tables crowded together. The fixed price menu, £17.95 for 3 courses, is really good value. I visited on a Monday night and we managed to get one of the few remaining tables. I usually stick to 2 courses and skip dessert but the fixed price deal seemed too good to miss. The black pudding and poached egg salad was beautifully presented and the salad leaves had a great dressing. My main course of steak and veg kebabs was really tasty but the star of the show was the poached pear and apple sorbet. It was absolutely fantastic. I'd recommend Deja Vu to anyone visiting Kendal.

There are newer reviews for Deja Vu

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Premier Inn, 606 feet away according to Tripadvisor, this restaurant was too good to miss.
Thank goodness we listened to other reviewers. The menu was extensive and varied and with 3 courses for £17.95, what's not to like. No wonder it was full on a Sunday evening.
Make sure you book before you leave home like we did. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely three course meal here. The menu is really extensive with loads of tasty choices and the vanilla creme brûlée was divine!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were a party of four and all of us enjoyed our meal. Each meal was well cooked and just the right size.

1  Thank G1667BUMary
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a really friendly place to eat. The food was nice and the service was very good. They have an early birds offer and most people were having this - by the time we finished there was only 2 other tables left and we were in for 8.15. I think when I go again I would go for this option.

2  Thank jo48Manchester