“Absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended”

Crow Park Hotel Keswick
Ranked #59 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I visited the hotel on Sunday 1st April 2012 - Tuesday 3rd April 2012 and as soon as we arrived we parked the car at the rear of the hotel which has ample spaces for the rooms. As we arrived in the hotel a staff member greeted us and checked us into our rooms very quickly.I was staying with my family and had originally booked a single room but i was upgraded free to a double room.

When i got into my room, room 17, on the second floor, it was very spacious with lovely views of keswick and the mountains behind. It had a lovely double memory foam bed with an en-suite bathroom with shower. There was a flat screen television in the room with a hospitality tray next to it. There was no Hot chocolate on the tray so I went downstairs and asked at reception. They gave me 4 sachets and topped these up throughout my stay at the hotel.

Really good base to travel,walk and shopping in the town with wonderful boutiques and shops with beautiful restaraunts (Casa Bella highly recomended).The restaraunt at the hotel has nice food but i would recommend restaraunts in town for more value for money.

Overall a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor and second floor have excellent views across either the mountains or Keswick...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Crow Park Hotel Keswick

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Despite having stayed in many hotels in Keswick over the years, my last stay was at the Crow Park so we decided to return there again. The service is first class, with genuine, helpful staff. Ian, the owner, is always on hand to offer advice on what to see and where to go.

Our room was one of the smaller ones but the comfort of the bed and the beautifully clean bathroom more than made up for this.

The cooked breakfast here is fantastic, and not swimming in grease like some hotels. The dining room is very smartly decorated and it's a pleasure to sit there to eat.

Car parking is ample out the back of the hotel, and the access to Keswick town centre is only a few moments away.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We visited Keswick in Cumbria,as we always do for the xmas fair.Spent 2 nights ,Sat/Sun,3rd/4th Dec/2011,bnb. we had the dog with us,so had the "dog-friendly" room.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.V.Good carpark at rear of building,with rear entrance. Good sized ground-floor room.Breakfast on both days superb,with unlimited coffee and toast,
all in all a good place to stay,5 mins from lake,samish from main st. of Keswick.
will stay again.well good!

Room Tip: Had ground floor room,cos of our dog,access to car park from this room,1 min,great for arrival and d...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Having read such great reviews on TripAdvisor I was expecting more for this hotel. I booked it because of the reviews, but mainly because I was looking for somewhere convenient to the Theatre by the Lake. In that respect I was not disappointed. The staff were indeed very helpful and friendly and again I must stress I have no complaint there. However at £55 pn per person B&B I feel it is vastly overpriced. The room was small and the décor and soft furnishing very, very old looking and outdated in room 5. We had paid £5.00 extra each for a view, and indeed there was a lovely view of Catbells, but the window was only around two feet wide so it was not exactly a panoramic view. This also made the bedroom very dark. Breakfast was adequate with a choice from a printed menu (I much prefer the buffet style nowadays with fresh fruit and yoghurts on offer). By comparison we recently stayed in a very stylish London Hotel right in the heart of the St Pancras area and paid less than £110.00 in total and it included a full breakfast too with much more choice. Looking around the internet afterwards I see some of the other hotels or guest houses very close by are charging £38.00 for B&B which seems much more reasonable. I’m afraid if we go to Keswick again I’ll be looking for better value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We have enjoyed a three night break in this lovely part of the world in a comfortable and lovely room in this hotel. The room was well appointed, superking bed with plenty of room and fresh feeling decorations and furniture. The only down side was the bathroom, I do prefer a bath to a shower and booked this room for that reason, a shower would have been nice as well though! The cleanliness of the bathroom is the 'very good' and not excellent. The black around the taps and plug holes did put me out a bit! Otherwise clean I might add. The car park to this hotel is just big enough and would not have liked to have been there on a full occupancy weekend. Our car did not move all weekend, the object of our stay in Keswick is to walk and walk we did!

The breakfast was fully served from start to finish by lovely, friendly and very helpful staff. They have been a pleasure from the minute we arrived to checking out. Food was excellent and plentiful, no silly baked beans and hash browns on their menu!! Always a sticking point, proper fried bread, excellent!! No bisuits with the coffeee tray in the bedroom though?? We didn't eat in or use the Hotel Bar, no need really, we like the choice in the town which is just a short stroll away ........

All in all a lovely and enjoyable stay, the top side of our usual budget, you have to just go for it sometimes! Hotel, Guest House or B&B, your pick, but this was a good one for us.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back overlook the car park and Skiddaw, rooms at the front, the park and catbells...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Premier Room (top-of-the-range)which was spacious with fine views.The bathroom was surprisingly poor being very small, without, a shower,and the bath had no assisting bar to help with exit. The bathroom door was minus a latch. Breakfast was fine but three course dinner at £24 per head was less than adequate, lacking taste and imagination.Service and cleanliness was of high quality.Would I return? perhaps not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a shower or with safe facilities for having a bath
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My girlfriend and I arrived in Keswick with no hotel booked and didn't want to waste any of the day searching but rather enjoying our stay. I called a few and was given short, snappy prices but Nick from Crow Park was rather happy to hear from us and invited us to come round and check out all their available rooms. So we did. On arrival he gave us 3 sets of keys and let us check out the rooms. We picked room 12 (overlooking the golf course and the lake).

The service from the staff was superb. They were friendly and polite with no falseness. Nothing was any trouble to them. Breakfast was served extremely quickly and it was lovely.

Car parking at the rear of the hotel was very useful as car parks were a no-go - so busy! and this is in September. Although the car park was rather tightly spaced, I wasn't overly confident about leaving my car - but it was perfectly fine.

The most important thing for me on staying at the Crow was it's great location. We had no reason to go drive. We walked everywhere. The "Theatre By The Lake" is a 5 minute walk, the golf course, gardens, bowls and the Lake are all on your doorstep and the shops are only a few minutes walk.

PS. I know this doesn't really apply too much to the hotel but I would highly recommend you go to the Theatre By The Lake!

Room Tip: Room with a lake view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple