“Awful food and service”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Firstly, our tablecloth was damp and felt very uncomfortable.
My vegetable passnada tasted of nothing at all - the worst curry of my life.
It felt like we were being hurried along so they could ship us out and get new customers in - we could see the waiters doing this with other customers too. We were seated right by the door which was a thoroughfare for waiters and other people waiting to be seated and people coming for takeaways and i had to put up with people tripping over out table legs or even a waiter leaning on the back of my seat. And when the door was opened and not closed by the customer, the waiters didn't bother at all to close the door (a cold night) so i had to get up and do it.
Very unhappy. Will not be going back.

1  Thank Cat S

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were slightly worried having read some of the reviews, but those fears were laid to rest very quickly. The friendliness of the staff was excellent, the food was well spiced and delicious (the Garlic and Coriander Naan outstanding!) and whilst a little bit more expensive than our Indian restaurant at home, it is still reasonably priced for the area. Will definitely return now that we have found a good Indian Restaurant in the lakes. We were lucky to get a table, recommend booking if you can!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Food was just ok, not very spicy! Hardly any chicken in the main courses and they try to turn the tables round at lightning speed. Not good value for money really. I don't think this restaurant would last very long if it had to compete with other indian restaurants. Luckily for them they don't have to rely on repeat trade. Wouldn't visit again if in Keswick.

1  Thank simon a
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Can't understand how an Indian restaurant can cook food with no heat, flavour or spice? I ordered the naga chilli and the menu states it is cooked using the hottest naga chillis yet I have had tomato soup with more heat than that. The garlic and corriander nan had so much garlic on it it was inedible and the onion bhaji had no flavour what so ever. I love indian food and have never been so disappointed as I was eating there. If you love indian food avoid this place as you will be dissapointed. It's a shame that this is the only indian restaurant in Keswick.

2  Thank Nigel B
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked a day in advance and I'm very pleased to say that they were able to handle a group of sixteen with ease. Every one of our group was served a meal they were very pleased with: not one poor meal, everything was hot and freshly prepared, plenty of rice etc…not bad given that the restaurant was busy and it can be a struggle to get sixteen quality mains out at roughly the same time, plus a load of rice, naans, and various other sides. People who asked for it hot got it maybe a little hotter than they might have expected, but there were no complaints: at the end of the day, they got what they asked for!

While the service was not overly friendly, it was definitely extremely prompt and efficient with everyone’s beers, wines and cokes topped up when needed. A very enjoyable evening and I would definitely recommend it for a large group.