“Best view in England”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Low Nest Farm B & B
Ranked #77 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best view in England”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

OK, so I've not seen every view in England, but you would be hard pressed to find a more stunning view than the one we had from our room window (which was also the same view as from the front door). I went with my fiance & my springer spaniel, it was my first time in the Lake District (which is beautiful) & my dog's first proper holiday; my dog enjoyed swimming in Derwent Water & Bassenthwaite Lake. It was lovely to stay somewhere where my dog was welcomed as opposed to just tolerated. Keswick is a lovely town, but I liked the fact that Low Nest Farm is just outside it. We were very lucky as we were there in the middle of a heat-wave!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charlotte L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

the most dog friendly place i have visited in regards to catering for your animals stay. my partner and i stayed in the B&B side with one labrador and a border collie.
on arival we were shown to our room and given a welcome basket for our dogs including waste bags, treats, travel sized water bowl, dog tag with hotel phone number on and a torch for use during the night outside.

There is a very well appointed and secure exercise field not 50m from the door with enough space that several dogs coould be exercised without trouble. Also, there is a canine agility course on site for use if you want.

the B&B itself was clean, tidy and homely with the use of the kitchen area if needed for takeaways and such if you dont want to eat out. Breakfast was brilliant with views across the countryside to mountains in the distance.

i could keep writing the praises of this place but the only way for you to benefit from this place is to go there.

PROBLEM. the only issue we had with Low Nest farm was the kenneling facility that is in need of upgrading for use in the colder months.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Siera_Tango
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My dog Maisy and I had the most delightful stay here. Maisy liked the welcome basket of goodies and I liked the most beautiful view from our room. It was a very friendly welcoming place with lovely walks from the house. However if one is feeling lazy there is a good bus service just up the drive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ann a
Dronfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Having never stayed in a dog friendly b&b, I didn't know what to expect but was hugely pleased with what we got. Angela was very friendly and extremely helpful, the rooms were imaculate as were all.the rooms-not a dog hair to be found on.the lounge floor! There was a doggy pack in our room including treats, a bowl, a water bottle, poo bags and a torch, and also tags with a landline number on in case of lost dog and lack of reception to mobiles. Breakfast was lovely and as it was my friends birthday, he got an extra sausage!!
I will certainly return here and will recommend to all my dog loving friends.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Vicky W
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This 5* B&B is éxcellent for Dogs we arrived on the Friday to be greeted with a smile.We stayed in the Raise converted Barn which has a kitchen bathroom and 2 single beds that can be converted into a superking size bed . The room has ample of space which has a 2 seater which converts into a double bed and seperate TV with DVD player .
Local walks within minutes of this B&B with fantastic views also U can buy a book from this B&B which has excellent walks for your dogs. Keswick Town only 2 miles away however it is a good nice walk through the fields for your dog.
This is the BEST place for taking your dog to the lake district with ample of things to do.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Homeboy1972
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I and our 2 dogs stayed here last week Jan 2013. I fell in love with Low Nest Farm. I would recommend this place to anyone with dogs! The room was lovely and the views are amazing. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Moomoo13
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The theme of this B&B is dog. The owner loves dogs and welcomes your dog (and you) with open arms and a lot of helpful dog-related extras. There is a field for training, and an agility area full of equipment. Dogs welcome everywhere you are, including breakfast. There are suggested dog-friendly walks, with information about how likely you are to come across sheep. (The walks near the B&B are very muddy, so bring wellies or good waterproof boots.)

Breakfast really top notch, with home laid eggs. No evening meal, but Keswick is a 2 mile walk away (£5 dog-friendly taxi) and is full of dog-friendly places to eat.

The views from the bedroom windows on the South side are to die for, looking out over St Johns in the Vale and over to Helvelyn and High Seat.

Don't expect 5 star luxury in terms of the rooms, which are typical B&B, though very clean. Don't expect sunny weather every day. But do expect to have a great holiday with your dog.

Room Tip: South facing rooms have a particularly good view