“Spot On”
Review of George Hotel

George Hotel
Ranked #81 of 196 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2009

For a last minute easter break this year I decided to stay at The George in Keswick. I had stayed a couple of years earlier and was not hugely impressed, but due to a cancellation, unlike anywhere else, The George had a room for me.

I was made to feel welcome from the moment I walked in and there seemed to be a real buzz about the place. My room was clean, there was an excellent selection of ales, and they were kept beautifully. The menu was huge and the food was cooked with real care. The full sized George Cow Pie is a thing to stay here for. It is immense!

I talked to the staff about my last stay and I was informed that new management had taken over in the past year. I think this explained the difference in my two stays.

It was a pleasant surprise to find the George such a lovely place to stay. My only criticism is that during my stay the place got incredibly busy, but I suppose this merely reflects the popularity of a good pub!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank benguitar

Reviewed 8 November 2008

We made the mistake of re-visiting somewhere we'd been slightly disappointed with before only to find that it had gone even further downhill. The George is a warm, cosy and inviting place - unless you choose to eat there. When it becomes overpriced and lacking the quality you would expect for the price you pay. We had the worst sea bass ever - over cooked, over priced and bland. The lamb was little better. When we complained to the waitress she laughed. Hardly encouraging. Stay well clear!

4  Thank chrisSunderland
Travellers also viewed these Keswick hotels
The Kings Arms Hotel
The Derwentwater Hotel
The Derwentwater Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portinscale
The Leathes Head Country House Hotel

Been to George Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about George Hotel

Address: 3 St. Johns Street | 3, Keswick CA12 5AZ, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Cumbria > Lake District > Keswick
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 196 B&Bs / Inns in Keswick
Price Range: £96 - £122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — George Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
George Hotel Keswick, Lake District