In this review I am not going to write prose, plenty of that on the site, just facts.
If you are travelling to the Lake District, go to Keswick.
- Keswick is smaller and lovelier than busy Windermere.
- There are more mountains and more walks.
If you go to Keswick stay at the Salisbury House.
A side of the perfect breakfast, clean and spacious rooms
- Plenty of free parking space in the street
- Situated in a very quiet neighborhood.
- A few 100 meters from the center with the restaurants pubs etc.
- The host, Peter, has done all the walks, knows all the good places to visit, eat drink etc.
You can go there unprepared; Peter will fill in your day at your convenience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury House is a modern boutique style Guest House, three minutes walk from the centre of Keswick. Our rooms are of a high standard to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay. The en-suites have quality fittings and are particularly large in our suite and triple room and our showers are guaranteed to give an invigorating start to the day. The cooked breakfasts are all made using locally sourced produce and while they are cooking you can enjoy a good selection of fresh fruit salad, toast and preserves and cereals. We presently have a secure area for bikes (off street) have a number of boot warmers/dryers. Dogs with prior arrangement. Parking is on street and free of charge for the length of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Salisbury Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salisbury Guesthouse Keswick, Lake District