“Superb cafe/bar - excellent staff, well run and exceptionally great food”

The Square Orange Cafe Bar
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Please note that we do not take bookings.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had coffees and alcoholic drinks during the day, every day whilst in Keswick for the week.

The Square Orange is a quirky well run establishment with a great staff, exceptionally good service and the best pizzas and tapas in 22 years !!

The food on offer is freshly made to order, and is truly delicious. Their pizza's and tapas are exceptional, and this was also the opinion of friends who ate with us. Top marks guys, please continue giving your all, it is THE best place to eat and drink in Keswick, filled daily with both locals and tourists. Looking forward to our next vacation already !

Reviewed 20 June 2014

As this was near to the house we were staying at we used this Café bar quite a bit for drinks. The service was always excellent, the range of beers a welcoming break from Jennings and the atmosphere warming and wonderful. We always planned to eat but never got around to it (they don’t take bookings) but I am sure on the next visit it’s on the list.

A nice change with here and Magnolia serving great local ales with a relaxed atmosphere in a more modern atmosphere a nice break.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The owner of the B&B we were staying in recommended this place and we're so glad we listened. It's not big and brash and could easily be missed as it's not on the main street. The decor and atmosphere is just so laid back and relaxed, a great place to unwind and enjoy some continental drinks and some simple but fresh food. We tried a pizza and a ciabatta and they were both great. We stayed here for much longer than we hand planned and enjoyed sampling some different drinks while playing cards, reading the paper etc... Great Place.

1  Thank Duncan W
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We visited this quaint little place numerous times during our week long visit. The selection of beers is vast (make sure you try the Kwak and Poretti) and all reasonably priced too. The food is absolutely to die for! Between 6 of us we sampled roughly 8 Tapas dishes, a pizza, 2 different ciabattas and a wrap. All of the dishes were fantastically cooked and the wait was minimal for such a good standard of food. The atmosphere of the place is friendly and vibrant, mostly due to the quirky decor and the extremely chatty and witty staff. Although the place does have limited seating, the staff were very accommodating of us as a large group and I would certainly say that we will visit again.

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Having done a little bit of research before our holiday to Keswick I knew that I was going to love this place and it totally met my expectations!

An ecclectic mix of Belgian beer bar, French Cafe and Spanish tapas bar. The staff are friendly and service prompt and efficient.

I particularly appreciated having an old favourite of mine - grenadine and soda - which was fantastically refreshing after a climb up Skiddaw and back.

I visited Square Orange three times during my stay in Keswick and whilst I didn't get a chance to sample the savoury menu (which was quite literally a list of all my favourite things: Goats Cheese Ciabatta, Falafel wrap, Patatas Bravas, Olives) I did enjoy the home made flapjack - wholesome, not too sweet or overly buttery. The Chai Latte is simply the best I have ever tasted.

I'm already planning to come back to Keswick as soon as I can and I know where I will be headed straight for when I arrive!