Burnside B&B
US$242
Agoda.com
US$179
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade wafflestoffee saucefull englishlake districtplaces to visitwarm welcomecastlerigg stone circleold railwayhome from homeroom was spotlesswalk into townlocal walkswithout being intrusivebreakfast was deliciousa great stayfront of the houselovely hosts
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend back in February. Just getting around to writing my review now!!! The owners were really welcoming without being fake or too in your face and the breakfast was the best I've had in a B&B.
I would struggle to think of anything negative to say about this place. Excellent value for money. I would go back

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Have stayed before and intend to again. Very friendly and helpful. Rooms and food high quality. We had an excellent visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here over the weekend and it was fantastic. The room was very clean and had a very homely feel to it. The B&B is ideally located as to avoid the busy, noisy town centre, but offers a lovely 15 min walk into the town centre, so is very close without ever feeling claustrophobic (unlike some more centrally located B&B's). I've read some other reviewers complaints regarding this issue of location and I have to say they are totally unfair as the Guest House really is perfectly situated, (Can't please everyone I suppose). The parking is across the road, but is totally fine.
The Breakfast has to be one of the nicest Breakfast's I have tasted. The full english was perfect, and my partner had the Salmon on scrambled eggs which she thought was superb (Really set us up for the day ahead :)
I would like to commend and thank Sharon for her warm and welcoming manner. Nothing was ever a bother and was more than happy to suggest activities and places to visit and eat.
If you want to visit a gorgeous place such as Keswick and need a first class place to stay, it has to be the Burnside :) Very highly recommended!!!

1  Thank Kristian1978
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at Burnside for 3 nights during the Jubilee week and were not disappointed.
Sharon was a fantastic host from the minute we arrived until the day we left. Very friendly and helpful with suggestions for restaurants and things to do in and around Keswick. She obviously loves what she does and it shows! She is also genuinely interested in you as a guest and not just another paying customer.
The breakfast was lovely and freshly cooked to our liking, my wife especially liked the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast, having it every day!
Our room was number 4 on the top floor which was a very good size with a really comfy king sized bed and of course the teddy bear to welcome us back every day. The whole place is spotlessly clean with nice touches like toiletries supplied in the bathroom and the everywhere is tastefully decorated.
We cannot recommend Burnside high enough and will definitely be returning sooner rather than later.

1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and have to say the experience was 1st class from the moment we arrived. The location is perfect and is a nice easy walk into town centre via the old railway line . We were welcomed by Sharon who we have to say was extremely pleasant, helpful and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area including places to go and places to eat. Sharon also provided us with maps and routes of places of interest.The accommodation was really clean (spotless ) and the room was excellent and the bed was very comfy. The cooked breakfast provided was really nice and Sharon was a perfect host. We will be staying here again next time we visit the lakes. We highly recommend this B and B to all. Many thanks, Mark and Lynn.