Burnside B&B
US$258
US$240
US$192
US$186
All reviewshomemade wafflestoffee saucefull englishlake districtplaces to visitwarm welcomecastlerigg stone circleold railwayhome from homeroom was spotlesswalk into townlocal walkswithout being intrusivebreakfast was deliciousa great stayfront of the houselovely hosts
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Thanks to Sharon and Peter. There is a great selection for breakfast, try the waffle with banana and toffee sauce or the home made veggie sausage. All excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Would absolutely recommend and will stay again. Trust all the other reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Spencer571975
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Hello,
Thank you for the kind review. I 'm pleased you enjoyed my home made vegi sausages & of course not forgetting my own waffles & toffee sauce. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have stayed at Burnside twice within the last few months, the first time with family in May and the second with friends in July. I have to say it is an excellent place to stay no matter who you are with. Both rooms I stayed in were very well decorated with the lovely interior Sharon and Peter created, and made us feel at home instantly. The rooms are well equipped with everything you need to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Sharon would warmly greet us every morning for breakfast, which was always delightful and tasty!

Burnside B&B is very well located, in a picturesque neighbourhood in Keswick, with Latrigg and Blencathra right behind. There are many routes for nice walks surrounding the area, and town is literally a 10 minute walk away.

I would recommend Burnside to anyone visiting Keswick - you will definetaly be well looked after by Peter and Sharon who are always very hospitable. Thank you Sharon on Peter for the stays and hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AJWharton90

Hi girls,
It was really lovely to see you both again, your such jolly friendly girls & enjoy a laugh especially the Edinburgh Harry story . Best of look with studies ect & hope to see you both again.Not forgetting a massive thank you for writing us a fantastic review.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed with 2 of my friends in the 3 person room in July. The room itself was well decorated, comfortable and homey. The breakfast was simply divine, Sharon's cooking really made our mornings! Didn't get the chance to meet Peter, but Sharon was so friendly and always welcomed us into breakfast with a beaming smile and bright outlook to the morning. Would recommend this BnB to anyone visiting Keswick - thanks for a wonderful few nights!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EMMSpeirs
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

A massive thank you Clair for the great review.We're so pleased you all decided to spend your 40th Birthday here with us, we had a great chat each morning & it was lovely to meet your friends from Glasgow. Hope you call again for a get together.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed two nights in June and appreciated the warm welcome, great breakfast and spotlessly clean accommodation with those little extra touches that make a difference. Sharon and Peter were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic weekend at Sharon & Pete`s, I celebrated my pending `special` birthday with family & friends at the beautiful Burnside B&B.
Our stay was faultless, we were greeted at the door by a bubbly blonde (Sharon) & we knew straight away by the genuine broad smile on her face & welcoming demenour that we had chosen well.
The rooms are simply stunning, 100% immaculately clean & everything you require is right there at your fingertips, also a special touch came when my 10 year old daughter handed me a card & box of chocolates left for me on the dressing table by Sharon & Pete, it`s these gestures which make an impression.
The breakfast was delicious & all of us ordering so many different options i don`t know how sharon done it ! with such an air of calm & nothing was a bother, on day two my daughter & I had the homemade waffles with banana,raisen & toffee sauce...OMG,delicious,yum yum yum.
My mum & friends had the scambled eggs & smoked salmon which the eggs were cooked to perfection & the salmon was well sourced,beautiful.
Would we stay here again?....Yes,Yes,Yes, infact we are going to go back next year & no doubt many more to come.
Thank you Sharon & Pete for making my birthday weekend truely unforgetable for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: We were in room 2,it was delightful but don`t worry if it`s not available as my friends were in rooms 1 & 4 and they two were tastefully decorated,exceptionally clean & clean & cosy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends