“Excellent place to stay.”
Review of Burnside B&B

Burnside B&B
Ranked #5 of 173 Keswick B&B and Inns
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Warm welcome, lovely hosts, very helpful with local knowledge. Rooms pristine and very comfortable. Breakfast very good with a wide selection, lovely coffee. Would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms 2 & 4 are larger double but they do mention this on their website.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
It was a pleasure looking after you both once again, I'm pleased you always enjoy Keswick just as much as we do.Hope to see you both again soon.

Sharon xx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Last minuet booking perfect choice. Spotlesly clean decorated to a high standard .
The lady Sharon was very friendly and helpful good local knowledge .
Great choice for breakfast set us up for the day.
Would return in future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, it was lovely to meet you both & hope you will find time to visit us again.

Sharon x
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The other reviews on the page say it all really, Sharon and Pete are warm hosts and have a beautiful B&B with a welcoming atmosphere. Even the smaller rooms should suit a couple on a short stay prefectly well, and we found everything to be in working order, not to mention the room's handsome decoration and spotless condition. Keswick town centre is a pleasant 15 minute walk away down a quiet railway footpath, and the famous Castlerigg Stone Circle is even closer (well worth a visit).

Me and my girlfriend have stayed here twice now and would not want to stay anywhere else in Keswick, as we're both sure we've already found the best! Next time, I'll try the waflles for breakfast...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob H
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you Rob for taking the time to write us a lovely review. It was brilliant to see you both again so soon & yes you must try my home made waffles next time you come.

Hope you both did manage to get some time together after Christmas & wishing you both a Happy New Year. Hope to see you soon.

Sharon & Pete xx
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was my second time at Burnside and Sharon and Pete didn't let me down. The friendliness and care they gave to me was as if I was a member of their own family which as a lone traveller was very much appreciated. I try something new each time I stay in Keswick and this time it was archery and as Sharon and Pete are keen archers we had some lively discussions about this pass time. Once again my room was delightful with a friendly little teddy bear on the bed to greet me. Breakfast was a very warm affair with Sharon paying great interest in what I had planned for the day without being intrusive. Again for the lone traveller having someone to talk to first thing makes such a difference to your day. Sharon kindly asked each day if she could provide me with a sandwich for lunch and even offered to drop me at the bus station on my last morning as it was pouring down with rain. The last thing I talked to Sharon about as I left was when I might be coming back ! I don't think I can give higher praise than that !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for writing us a lovely review. It was a pleasure looking after you again, we enjoy talking to you.Hope you keep up with the archery & we will look forward to hearing all about it next time you come.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas,
Sharon & Pete xx
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just stayed at Burnside for the second time and have booked to go back again next May. There's such a lovely feel to the place...so homely. The breakfasts are excellent (I can thoroughly recommend the waffles) with a varied menu and the wood burner in the breakfast room was a cosy touch. We have stayed in rooms 1 and 2. Both were lovely, spotlessly clean and nicely decorated.
We have stayed in several B&Bs in Keswick over the last few years and this one is by far the best one we have found. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon Julie & Scott,
Thank you for taking the time for writing us a fantastic review.Looking forward to seeing you both in May , keep up the training & I'll have the waffles ready for you when you're finnished.

Hope you have a fantastic Xmas,
Sharon & Pete x
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If repeat custom is a good indicator of quality then we must rate Burnside as excellent as we have stayed 3 times over the past year and a half and the last two occasions have brought friends and their families with us.The location is just 10 minutes walk from the centre of Keswick.The rooms are well decorated, the Victorian styled rooms are really special. The rooms have always been spotless with nice towels and bedding. The breakfasts are great - there is a good choice of breakfast options and we enjoy trying these - including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, full English breakfast and also waffles with banana and toffee sauce. The hosts are lovely and we have enjoyed chatting to Sharon who always gives helpful advice about what to do in the local area and has given us suggestions of walks which we have enjoyed. We would always come back to Burnside.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Zoe & Aaron,
A massive thank you for taking the time to write us a fantastic review,
It's always a pleasure to see you both & thank you for each time nearly booking the whole house. Sorry it's taken me time to respond to your review but we've been in Berlin for our 25th wedding anniversary, it was a fantastic place to visit.

Hope you will have the time to visit us next year,
Happy Xmas,
Sharon & Pete x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My fiancée and I stayed here over the last weekend and had a lovely time. We both slept soundly on all three nights, and the breakfasts were excellent every morning. It takes a lot to drag me away from the full english but the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon was sublime!

It's a short cab ride (less than £3) from Keswick centre which didn't really bother us as there's always a taxi waiting in the square. Bit lazy perhaps but we'd been hiking all day...

Sharon was a really friendly and welcoming host and Keswick and it's surrounds make for a lovely break. Recommended!

Room Tip: We had the smaller room at the back of the house. It's not huge but absolutely fine for a weeken...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi to you both,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a lovely review.Hope you both enjoyed your time in the lake district . I was pleased I was able to offer you both a lift back to Penrith rather than the bus as it gave you afew hours extra to look around Keswick.Hope you have a great Christmas & good luck with the wedding.

Sharon & Pete