“Great b and b in lovely Keswick ”

Brun Lea Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Brun Lea Guest House
Ranked #113 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a great weekend stay at Brun Lea.
Myself, my wife and 9 yr old son thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found Alison to be very helpful both when requesting information prior to our stay and from the minute we arrived.
Stanger street is probably the best location from which to explore keswick, it is right next to the town centre yet it is very quiet.
The family room was spotlessly clean and had everything you needed to enjoy your stay.
Now to the breakfast, a fantastic plate of traditional english that was served on a hot plate with plenty of toast and hot beverages, yoghurt and fruit were also plentiful.
I have been coming to Keswick for over 20 years and have stayed via camping or various guest houses and i have to stay that this has been my best experience to date.
I look forward to staying here again and would recommend very highly.
Downside/ cons; i like a good moan like the rest but i can't think of any.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Brun Lea Guest House

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This b&b is fab and smack bang in town centre.
We have stayed a couple of times now and everytime landlady was polite and courteous.
The breakfasts were more than ample and if we wanted scrambled egg instead of fried it was never any bother.
The rooms are spotless and very clean and the bathrooms gorgeous and have been updated to very high standard.
The only downside was lack of parking outside the place and if you did manage a space you daren't move your car or you have lost your spot!.
We will be going back here time after time and can't express enough you try this little gem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed 1 night with hubby and son in a family room , we originally booked 2 nights but due to forecast of heavy rain i contacted Alison prior to visit to ask if this was possible to inly do 1 night and she accommodated us .. Spacious enough and v clean . Lovely cooked breakfast .. Very central to town centre would certainly recommend and visit again x

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here in April with small group of mates walking nearby, this being about our 7th stay, which says it all really. Value is good, rooms always clean and warm, breakfasts hearty. Location is very close to town centre and parking is on-street only but never had a problem getting a space. Fully expect to be staying here again in September on our next walking overnighter.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a great location for access to the North western Lake District. Alison was welcoming and provided a first rate Cumberland breakfast. The room are not over large but more than adequate and very clean. Lovely large bathrooms in addition to an ensuite so a soak in the bath was great after getting wet through walking on the fells. Very central to Keswick for the shops and restaurants. Value for money all the way. We really shouldn't advertise this as we may not get in next time we visit!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at this B and B loads of times. It is right by the Main Street in Keswick and is a brilliant location although it is not easy to park, we usually find somewhere. The breakfast is excellent but what I like about it are the bathrooms. They have ensuite rooms but I try to get bedroom one which has a wash hand basin but no ensuite, but is next to a great bathroom. For those of you who have to have an ensuite just hear me out. My husband is six four. A lot of the houses in the Lakes were not built as Guest Houses and some of the ensuites that have been put into rooms willy nilly, are tiny and my husband is too big for the showers and the rooms become cramped. The decor of the rooms is dated at Brun Lea but they are not oppressive and dirty. I am very fussy about decor as I was an Art Teacher and they are not my taste. The sheets are white and the beds comfy. You don't get a great deal of choice regarding the hospitality tray but then I don't want too much stuff as it counteracts the healthy effects of the walking. The owner of the B and B are a couple. You won't see much of him and she is circumspect. However that suits us as we don' t like effusive welcomes and talkative hosts. She is not as bad as ' I don't give a s... , just give us the money and clear off ! As I have experienced that sort of welcome but she doesn't say a great deal. This might not suit everyone. Burn Lea has not got a sitting room for the guests but we don't mind this either . So if you want a good value place to stay in Keswick go for Brun Lea. A day on the hills and then a super soak in a super size bath and then a short walk to a decent meal. Great

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank NANCY_DAVIES
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Brun Lea guesthouse was recommended to us by my parents who have stayed here on a number of occasions. We too were not disappointed. The guesthouse is spotlessly clean, the rooms are too, with fresh linen provided daily. The landlady is very friendly and welcoming without being over-bearing. The breakfasts are delicious, plentiful in size and the host will cater for individual choice wherever possible. As if all this wasnt perfect enough the location of the guesthouse is also brilliant. A two minute walk away from the town centre and approximately 5-10mins from the Keswick side of Derwent Water. We were also very lucky on our visit as we enjoyed two days of warm sunshine, (a real rarity in the lake district.) All in all we had a wonderful 3 days in Keswick. We most certainly will be returning and would not hesitate to stay in Brun Lea guesthouse. I can not recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Although there were only two of us we had a family room of four beds at the front of the guesthouse...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple