“Clean, comfortable, welcoming - the place to stay in Keswick!”
Review of YHA Keswick

YHA Keswick
“Clean, comfortable, welcoming - the place to stay in Keswick!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, our two year old son and I stayed in Room 102 overlooking the River Greta for two nights. At the tender age of 47 this is my first time in a youth hostel...although I knew the location was stunning I had no idea about the accommodation that was going to greet me and as a hotelier myself I have high standards of cleanliness. I needn't have worried. YHA Keswick is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. We had breakfast both mornings and evening meals too. Both were plentiful, plenty of options and great value for money...the goat cheese n lentil stack was a highlight for me! I had two of the best nights sleep I have had in years with just the sound of the river babbling by. The showers were powerful and hot and all areas were clean. What more could you ask for? We paid for membership so we will go back again soon! Thank you to everyone :-)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank lornahgrg
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks for your great review of YHA Keswick and I'm really pleased you had such a great stay. Your review picks out the things we concentrate on and are really proud of: clean, comfortable accommodation with great home cooked food in a stunning location with views over the river up to Skiddaw. Glad you bought your YHA membership, so you'll get £3.00 per adult discount and £1.50 per child discount whenever you stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kamakura, Japan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was satisfied to stay this hostel very much.Room,shower,kitchen,toilet...everywhere were cleaned.Especially self-catering kitchen is my favourite place.If I visit Lake District again,I must come to stay here once again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nyan-nyan-cyan
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
HI there. Thanks for your nice review of YHA Keswick. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Using the self catering kitchen is a great way to keep your costs down, but don't forget we also serve great value meals in the Rocky River Diner.
newcastle, england
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have admired the location of this hostel for years and when riding the c2c with a group of friends we decided it would be a good base for one night. The setting on the river side is perfect and I was very pleasantly surprised inside. The showers were great, the cooked breakfast good value and the staff very friendly. The rooms are basic but clean and at £20 it represents great value. The danger of any hostel is that there is a group of young men or women who come in drunk in the early hours of the morning - and this was the experience we had. However this is due to bad manners of the visitors rather than a failing by the hostel and I would give this accomodation a big thumbs up

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nora P
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks for your review. YHA Keswick is perfect for cyclists, not just on the Coast 2 Coast, but also on the End to End. We think we have everything that cyclists need; hot showers, comfortable beds, filling food, with bar and a perfect location. However, I'm sorry that your stay was spoiled by the behaviour of other guests and I hope this won't stop you coming back to Keswick.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for a night in October before paintball the following day. It is in such a great location with average sized rooms and comfy beds. I had a great night's sleep in such wonderful surroundings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katie B
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Katie

Many thanks for your review of YHA Keswick and I'm pleased you had a good stay. The hostel does have lots of 2, 3, 4 and 6 bedded rooms, ideal for families and small groups, and you're right, we are ideally located just a couple of minutes walk from the town centre. Hope to see you again soon. Tim, manager YHA Keswick
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Keswick YHA is right next to the river, fantastic scenery and setting. My husband, daughter and myself stayed in a private room.
The self catering kitchen is well equipped.
The showers are powerful and hot.
we would happily stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank chris c
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Chris - thanks for your review of YHA Keswick and glad you enjoyed your stay here. I'm pleased that you thought the self catering kitchen is well equipped, we're also about to replace some of the older bits of kit to make it even better. Did you also get the chance to eat in the Rocky River Dinner - the hostel is famous for its homemade burgers. Tim Butcher - Hostel Manager
London
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our second time at this hostel which is open all day, v close to town centre. The self-catering kitchen is a bit small but I think most guests eat out nowadays. Has cafetieres in case you like to bring proper coffee. The staff are so kind and helpful, thank you very much.

Room Tip: room 309 had great view over Skiddaw
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Familyadventurersha
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thanks for your positve review about YHA Keswick and I'm really pleased you had a great trip with fantastic weather. Room 309, along with half of our bedrooms have great views across the river and park and onto Skiddaw - great to look up where you've been during the day. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Tim Butcher - Hostel Manager
England
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A party of 18 rowdy mancunians is enough to scare any establishment but the youth hostel in Keswick took it all in their stride.
We have stayed at Keswick before but not for a few years and things have been updated since our last stay. It's still a cheaper option than a hotel and you get the real hostel experience. Bunk beds, members kitchen and drying room. The hostel has modern facilities too with a tv, pc and pool table.
The food we ate was lovely hearty local grub and very reasonable. The staff were pleasant and helpful and catered to our massive party.
It's situated at the side of a fast flowing river which can be viewed from many of the rooms. There's a huge park opposite and it's located right on the edge of the town centre. Several mountains in close proximity if that's what you fancy.

An excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank ToriaJ1
keswickmanager, Manager at YHA Keswick, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thanks for your great review of YHA Keswick and I'm pleased that your group had a good time. YHA Keswick is a great place for groups of all sizes, and with our location in central keswick we're perfect for access to the whole of the North Lakes. Tim Butcher - hostel manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
The Keswick Country House Hotel
#1 of 4 in Borrowdale
YHA Ambleside
YHA Ambleside
#1 of 23 in Ambleside

Been to YHA Keswick? Share your experiences!