All reviews hot cross buns town centre lovely couple feel very welcome breakfast was excellent cooked breakfast excellent location bay window my husband and i have just surrounding mountains excellent room minute walk enjoyed our stay off street parking convenient location added bonus poached eggs
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We decided on the spur of the moment to spend a 3 night stay in Keswick. We booked into Fell House. This was the start to a most enjoyable 3 days holiday. Colin and Barbara were the most pleasant couple you could wish to meet, many of the places we have visited although they themselves were very good could take a few lessons from Colin and Barbara on how to be the perfect hosts. The breakfast was excellent with Colin doing the serving and after we had finished, Barbara would come into the room and ask each couple in turn if everything was to their satisfaction. The rooms were spotless and maintained to a high level.
May I thank Colin and Barbara for a most enjoyable stay and we hope to return sooner than later.
Best wishes to you both. William and Katy

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
q8Z, Owner at Fell House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

I was thrilled to read your review and more than pleased to read that you had a great stay at FELL HOUSE. We try to give our guests the best of service because they deserve the best, and we hope to continue to please, in a helpful way, with all our visitors.
We look forward to having you stay with us again at FELL HOUSE.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Wow....what a lovely little place.....me and my new wife spent our honeymoon there and it realy is a nice place......lovely people....Barbara and Collin. Great breakfast freshly cooked every morning. Very clean throughout....we were that impressed by the place, we are going back next year.....i wouldnt stay any were else it was that nice.....cant wait to go back.....thankyou

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
q8Z, Owner at Fell House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Many thanks for a lovely review. Colin and I were delighted to have you both stay
with us after your wedding and we wish you many happy years together, and we look forward to seeing you both again on your first anniversary and may I say that we would be delighted to share many more anniversaries with you both.
You are a charming couple and we enjoyed having you both stay at FELL HOUSE.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic B&B in a great location and great bonus of parking at the rear of B&B. Very friendly owners and a great breakfast. Rooms very good lovely bathroom and great views out towards Walla crag. We will be returning and if you fancy very good food and great drinks try the Square Orange pizzas and nachos are fantastic.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
q8Z, Owner at Fell House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write about FELL HOUSE. So glad you enjoyed your stay
with us and had such a great time, Hope it wont be too long before your return.
If I ever find the time to try your restaurant I will go for the pizza on your recommendation.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This bed and breakfast is absolutely everything you'll expect and more. It has a lovely traditional English style inside and out, this house and it's two neighbouring houses have won awards for their beautiful little gardens. The decor is very well presented and homely with interesting things to look at on the way up the stairs, we were booked in to room 5 right at the top of the building and the view was just great, we could see some hills and lots of pretty houses.
Our room was neurally decorated and the bed was luxurious, very plump and cosy. We were so comfortable in the room that we could have lived there. Our shower room was very nice, the shower was perfect from temperature to intensity which is greatly appreciated after long days out! It was also great that our room was immaculately put back in order each day. Even the biscuits were replenished!
At breakfast we were very well catered for, there were lots of healthy cereal, fruit and juice options available which we enjoyed before our cooked breakfast. It was great being able to fill up before our long days out.
Colin and Barbara are absolutely charming and very considerate. We will definitely be back again!

q8Z, Owner at Fell House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

This is such a fabulous review…how very kind to say such amazing things about FELL HOUSE.
You know, it is easy to say how much we appreciate everyone who takes the time to write about Our Bed and breakfast place, but I must stress that we really do take heart to read that all our hard Work is worthwhile and that all our visitors have enjoyed their stay with us and YES, MOST DO COME BACK TO SEE US AGAIN AND AGAIN…and once more I say THANK YOU.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I was looking forward to the lakes etc. But this b& b was something else. Welcoming,accomadating, spotless. From start to finish it was just fabulous. Large full english breakfast perfectly cooked and presented beautifully. With plenty of choice.every where was spotless and tastefully decorated . A very friendly couple who obviously enjoy what they were doing. The front and rear garden were also immaculate. I would definitely go back.

Room tip: We only saw ours , but I can only guess the rest would be all the same.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
q8Z, Owner at Fell House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

What a great review. When my visitors enjoy staying at FELL HOUSE then I know that
I am doing my job well. FELL HOUSE is more than just a guest house it is also my home
and every one is welcome, we love to make everyone feel comfortable when they get into
their room and to know that we are there to help if needed. Please come again to stay with us, it will be great if you do.