“Entertaining” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Puzzling Place

The Puzzling Place
Ranked #8 of 63 things to do in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique exhibition based on optical illusion. Witness balls rolling uphill in the antigravity room, visibly grow and shrink in the Ames room and be amazed by our interactive optical illusion exhibits, artwork and sculptures, as well as the hologram gallery!
Glasgow, Scotland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Entertaining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went here with my husband, and we had a really good time. There are some great optical illusions, which are really well presented. I liked the use of cameras to show you the illusions that you had to stand in so that you could appreciate them if you were on your own.

There is a walk-in exhibit which uses gravity to demonstrate some of the illusions. I am very sensitive to motion sickness, and regretted not leaving this until last as I needed a sit down for a bit afterwards. If the same applies to you, it is still worth seeing, but do it at the end!

Also, there are no toilets in the venue.

St Helens, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good place to go in the rain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

A cheap place to go, can stay as long as you like, good puzzles and illusions. My daughter was very impressed by the variety of puzzles.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“excellent little place, good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

well worth a visit, we spent a couple of hours having a good laugh at the puzzles/illusions. Fun for adults and children. Well priced. Have been here many years ago and seen most of the exhibits before but still thorougly enjoyed it . Would recommend a visit

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Visited this attraction with my boyfriend and thoroughly enjoyed it! Just as much fun for adults as children. Would definitely go back.

Visited September 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the puzzling place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went because my son had picked up a leaflet and wanted to go. It was really busy so it was hard to take your time looking at some of the puzzles/illusions so we felt rushed. It was also very hot despite several fans. I left feeling disappointed. The family ticket was cheap but I don't feel the exhibition was worth the money. I had read some reviews before we went so perhaps I was expecting to be disappointed but I agree with all those who said that the exhibits were looking tatty and worn.