“Comfortable”

Oddfellows Arms
Ranked #50 of 140 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The food in Oddfellows is of the basic standard; you aren't going to walk away dreaming about the day you can return and bask in the delights of its culinary genius; but you are going to have a meal that will make you feel comfortable and warm and like you're ten years old again, and mum, having opened various packets and heated up any number of frozen foods, has put dinner on the table.
When my food was placed before me my immediate instinct was to send it back. It looks stodgy and for the large part it is. But, you know what, I cleaned my plate; and my wife cleaned her plate; and I noticed the other customers had cleaned their plates; and they were laughing and joking and having a good time; and, thus, I can't knock Oddfellows in any way.

1  Thank Manchester_Matthew
There are newer reviews for Oddfellows Arms

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Ate in this pub for the two days we stayed in Keswick because it offered a good choice of food at reasonable prices and the quality was pretty good too.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Went in here after seeing the specials board outside and thought it seemed good value.
Had giant Yorkshire with beef and ale stew, there didn't seem to be much steak in it, maybe it was just luck of the drawer. It was packed with veg though and it seemed homemade, as did the Yorkshire pudding. Really big portion at £5.95 off specials board it was good value.
My mum had fish and chips, you could tell the chips had been fried from frozen and the fish seemed ready prepared but it was alright at £4.95 from the specials.
Even the full menu for main meals was good at approx £7-8. Burger and chips £5, for veggies there was a quorn burger and a couple of other choices. Kids meals £4.50, puddings £4.
The coffees we had weren't anything to write home about but I suppose coffee isn't what you should be drinking in a pub!
Overall a nice atmosphere with good choice of pub grub at good prices, will return when next in keswick

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my good friend had our evening meal there.We traveled about 40 miles on our motor cycles.There is a designated parking area for motor cyclists.There was a 30 minute wait for our food.The food was well worth the wait and very reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very varied menu, prices were very good and really good value for the money. The super big lasagne was excellent and it was BIG, too much for me to eat it all. even the drinks were reasonably priced.