“Is this place for real?”
Review of Lake Road Inn

Lake Road Inn
Ranked #57 of 140 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$1 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went in here with the intention of having a pint or two and maybe a meal. To start with, the girl behind the bar was surly and unhelpful and only seemed interested in chatting to what seemed to be locals. The decor looked like it was last touched up about 40 years ago and the lighting and atmosphere generally echoed that theme. When the karaoke started up, conversation in the small bar made conversation almost impossible and only served to make the place even less attractive and we decided against eating in here. One pint and off! Just because its in a tourism-based town doesn't mean you have to visit.

3  Thank Al M
There are newer reviews for Lake Road Inn

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I've been to this pub three times now and each time I have enjoyed it. The pub itself is rather small but quite cosy, they allows dogs and the décor is very typical but comfortable.
Each time I have eaten I have had the same thing; rump steak (I am a creature of habit) and each time it has been lovely, cooked at MR, the third time admittedly it was more medium... but I'm not fussy. The chips were good. My boyfriend enjoyed his steak and ale pie all three times, although he swears it has been three different pies each time (however equally as enjoyable).
I have only two small negative points to make, the sauce packets are flippin' tiny, which annoys me to hell and the service could be a bit friendlier.

Apart from that, lovely place! Will definitely be going back for my fourth rump steak!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The lake road inn is a wonderful pub, a great pint of Guinness, and good meals, good portions that would satisfy anyone, I will sue this pub again every time I go back.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was a busy Saturday evening we had our dog, everywhere was packed & we had left it too late to eat. So yes we ended up here & yes we regretted it. I had the veggie lasagne with chips & salad my husband had fish & chips. We both thought the chips were dry & not freshly cooked, my lasagne was ok but not hot & I think it had been microwaved. My husband said he didn't rate his dish but we were both hungry & tired. I would not eat here again & after reading reviews here I doubt many other people will either. After we left my husband commented on how dirty the bar girl looked which actually made me laugh!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The pub itself is nice, lovely bar area and nice selection of beers. The food is what I would call average, nothing special but not terrible either, and possibly slightly overpriced. The toilet left a bit to be desired, had to cross the beergarden in the yard outside (nicely located in what looks like a proper suntrap in summer) to get there, and I guess it can't be easy to keep on top of these as I am sure they are used as general public toilets too as it's very easy to sneak in! I'm told the ladies' weren't much better. When all is said though, we'd definitely return for a beer.