“Lovely, homely, clean, welcoming”

Lyndhurst Guest House
Lyndhurst Guest House
Ranked #178 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was a surprise weekend for my 40th, planned by my husband.
On arrival, we were welcomed and given our key. Just enough information, no fuss. Room was clean, bed was comfy, bathroom did the job. Breakfast was plentiful and hot. Lovely choice. I was welcomed on my birthday with a bottle of wine and a card, which made my day. Lovely little dog, no signs of dog other than a hello! Wouldn't hesitate to stay again x

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lyndhurst Guest House

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Good location as only 5 mins walk from centre. Can be quite difficult to find parking near to the guesthouse as always so busy. I was surprised when we arrived that the lady didn't ask our names, normally I've always had to fill in a card with my details but not here, was also just handed some keys, told which doors they were for & told which floor to go up to. Didn't get shown up to the room or told what time breakfast was, obviously could look it up ourselves in the information book in our room. The room was very small, warm & cosy, nicely decorated & very clean. The ensuite was very small & the water just trickled out of the shower, but again it was clean. Breakfast was half 8 - 9am. There wasn't many other guests whilst we were there so don't know if the quickness of service was due to that but a pot of tea arrived within 5 mins of sitting down, with toast quickly following & just as a bowl of cereal was being finished a large plate of full English breakfast arrived. It was a really good breakfast, keeping us full til tea & cake in the afternoon, no room for lunch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

There was a Friendly welcome. Good breakfast served. Clean and comfortable stay. Dog friendly. Very convenient for walking into Keswick. Car parking can be difficult but there are usually spaces available if you are prepared to walk a few years away.

Very reasonable able prices.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Room was comfortable and quiet, slept well with comfy beds, not the biggest room but it was clean and perfectly fine. Breakfast was really nice and Barbara was very friendly, enjoyable stay. Keswick has so much to see and do and a lovely park close to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Having decided to make a spur of the moment trip to Keswick for a couple of days I booked a room here and received confirmation prior to leaving home. On arrival in Keswick the owners continually refused to answer the door or to take telephone calls. While it was disappointing that a booking had been accepted when there was no room available mistakes do happen. What was totally unacceptable was their refusal to acknowledge this and to bury their heads in the sand. For several hours I was left in the position of not being sure if I had room, payment for which I would be liable if I were to no show! The delay caused by the Lyndhurst's refusal to acknowledge the error made the task of securing alternative accommodation that much more difficult. Needless to say the delay and the time spent making alternative arrangements did not make for a pleasant start to what was a short break. SPINELESS, AVOID!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Steven Y
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My boyfriend booked this guesthouse as a surprise for my birthday as I love keswick Lyndhurst is in a fantastic location just 2 mins walk into the centre, we were made to feel welcome and the breakfast was great, we ended up being the only guests staying due to everyone canceling due to terrible weather we were looked after and had a fantastic break.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Importantly, Barbara who runs this place is lovely, helpful and chatty.
The rooms are very comfortable, quiet and functional. The breakfast was very satisfactory.
Some of the negative reviews need to remember this is a guesthouse, not a 5star hotel.
Great location, about a 5 min walk to town centre.
I wouldn't think twice about staying again. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: February 2013