“Short break”

Lyndhurst Guest House
Lyndhurst Guest House
Ranked #177 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

it was a last minute decision and I was poking for something comfortable and inexpensive. I stay in hotels every week as part of my job so am well used to the good bad and the ugly.
What a pleasant experience. I was welcomed by the owner and it was just perfect. Room not massive and the toilet was along a short corridor but I was only paying £44 for the nigh B&B

Certainly would go back again - great experience and would recommend. Many thanks!

Room Tip: Mine was on first floor which faced the main road - I slept with my window open and the noise from t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed over for weekend away, staff very friendly. Hotel nice and clean, pets are allowed to stay also.
For the price, beds comfortable breakfast good lighting on the stairs are a push button so if your not quick the light will go off.
2mins walk to the town centre good location.
On road parking so it's hit and miss if you park outside, we were lucky.
I would say overall give 7/10

Room Tip: The rooms we had, only showers in
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a warm welcome from the owner. He showed us to our room which was spacious.

The breakfast was really nice, the only fault with the breakfast is you are only asked if you want toast once the full English is served. So by the time the toast arrives you're almost finished your breakfast. The fruit salad was delicious - good quality fruit.

Service was good if somewhat slightly over-intrusive.

Excellent location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We are three couples who fancied a night in Keswick and has we only live 30 miles away we know keswick well, however one of the couples had stopped at Lyndhurst before. On arrival we were welcomed by the owner Barbara given the keys and shown to our room. the rooms were clean and comfy with tea and coffee facilities, it was about 5 mins from the centre we managed to get parked okay, the breakfast was spot on, none of us had any complaints aout our stay other than the weather. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamarrjo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was a surprise weekend for my 40th, planned by my husband.
On arrival, we were welcomed and given our key. Just enough information, no fuss. Room was clean, bed was comfy, bathroom did the job. Breakfast was plentiful and hot. Lovely choice. I was welcomed on my birthday with a bottle of wine and a card, which made my day. Lovely little dog, no signs of dog other than a hello! Wouldn't hesitate to stay again x

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Good location as only 5 mins walk from centre. Can be quite difficult to find parking near to the guesthouse as always so busy. I was surprised when we arrived that the lady didn't ask our names, normally I've always had to fill in a card with my details but not here, was also just handed some keys, told which doors they were for & told which floor to go up to. Didn't get shown up to the room or told what time breakfast was, obviously could look it up ourselves in the information book in our room. The room was very small, warm & cosy, nicely decorated & very clean. The ensuite was very small & the water just trickled out of the shower, but again it was clean. Breakfast was half 8 - 9am. There wasn't many other guests whilst we were there so don't know if the quickness of service was due to that but a pot of tea arrived within 5 mins of sitting down, with toast quickly following & just as a bowl of cereal was being finished a large plate of full English breakfast arrived. It was a really good breakfast, keeping us full til tea & cake in the afternoon, no room for lunch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

There was a Friendly welcome. Good breakfast served. Clean and comfortable stay. Dog friendly. Very convenient for walking into Keswick. Car parking can be difficult but there are usually spaces available if you are prepared to walk a few years away.

Very reasonable able prices.

Stayed: October 2013