“Very good”
Review of Lakes Bar & Bistro

Lakes Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lakes Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A relaxed Bar & Bistro Offering Excellent Cask Beer, Lager, Cider & excellent wines together with Locally Sourced Freshly Cooked Food.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner, it was a freshly made pizza and it was nice atmosphere really really good service especially from the tall waiter grant I think.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Lakes offer a good selection of food and drink. During the Keswick Convension weeks they were offering 10% off between 4.30 and 6.00pm which was good enough to attrack me. I had Chilli Con Carne from the specials and was really pleased with it. It is served in separate dishes on a wooden board which makes the meal look inviting. The portions are a good size and the service is prompt and efficient. There is a good atmosphere in the restuarant and a good choice of beer and drinks. Well done!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We visted the lakes bar and bistro on our honeymoon after searching for ages for somewhere that looked nice, I was so happy to find here.

I was starving so ordered the rump steak with some prawn tapas on the side, thankfully I was so hungry as the portions were huge! Was probably the best steak I've had in a restaurant for a very long time. The prawns were delicious too. My new husband enjoyed his burger and garlic bread which was also huge! The chips were fab aswell.

The staff were lovely and the restaurant was tidy, clean and very modern. The tennis was on for wimbledon so we were able to watch that. A very enjoyable experience and I would highly reccommend.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved the food here! Fresh and fantastic. The staff were lovely and polite, making the meal even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Called in here again after being here a few weeks ago. I chose chicken pie with home made chips, my wife chose steak pi with chips. Both meals didn't take long to arrive. Both piping hot and very tasty.price wise £10 ish. Not really that bad but I did notice that 8oz gammon and chips was a staggering £12.95! We do expect the lakes to be more expensive than most but gammon being one of the cheaper cuts of meat at £8.0 would have been enough. The coledale for 14oz is £10.95. Let's give a big welcome to Wetherspoon's when it arrives. Hopefully the greedier inns in Keswick will adjust their prices or unfortunately, due to nothing other than greed, shut!