“Lovely evening meal...”
Review of Lakes Bar & Bistro

Lakes Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lakes Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A relaxed Bar & Bistro Offering Excellent Cask Beer, Lager, Cider & excellent wines together with Locally Sourced Freshly Cooked Food.
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Ate at this establishment last night (24th August)...

The place itself is very modern and well presented... The table was ready on our arrival.

We had a shared starter (pâté) which was very nice, although a bit more bread would have been great!

Steak and ale pie for me, beef burgeignon for the better half. Both lovely, clearly freshly made and very tasty...

I was very impressed with the amount of staff, plenty around to tend to customers' needs, unlike some places that get by with minimal...

We had a waffle for desert, which was fabulous!

All in all I would, and hopefully will, happily return here and dine again...

As a footnote I would recommend the pale ale, sheep something or other, very nice!

Thanks for having us!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We visited this restaurant on the last night of our holiday as a family treat.
The food was absolutely first class. The steak and ale pie I had was outstanding and the steak my wife had was very good indeed. The kids meals were very very good , and all the meals were accompanied with lovely veg,salad and chips.
We would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant and will definitely be going the next time we are in Keswick.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Ate here before in the past few years, but disappointed this time. Seems to have changed hands, no early bird deals now and main meals more expensive. Portion s seem smaller and service slow, 30 mins before our food arrived. Won't be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

As a group we ate here on a very busy Thursday night, having not booked a table the very lovely lady who greeted us sat us down in the lounge area promising us a table asap, when we were provided with our table it was well worth our wait, the food was exceptional, starter platters were amazing and my hubby was blown away by his main of luxury Kiev, thankyou for great service and great food, we will defo come back guys

1  Thank Tracy W
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Before booking a table for the evening we decided to pop in and have a look and a drink. We loved the atmosphere and the menu so we booked a table for in a couple of hours time. It was a Saturday night so we had to have one 15 mins later than we wanted but that wasn't a problem.
We were greeted nicely and chose our starter and main course. So far so good.
Then the main came out and my husband had asked for his burger without the onion relish. It came out covered in it. I then had to eat my meal while his was being sorted. I'll give the chef his due as he asked whether he just didn't like onion or whether it was an allergy, but surely you wouldn't be ordering a burger if you were allergic to onion as they are usually a constituent ingredient. The burger came back fairly promptly minus the relish and minus the onions in the salad (bonus!) ie they had just been removed rather than redone: we could've done this ourselves at the table!
It took a while to have the table cleared and then we were asked if we wanted to look at the dessert menu. This never showed up! Good job we didn't really want one as we were pretty full up. It then took ages to get the bill and when we did the poor waitress didn't know how to use the card machine.
The food was lovely that we had but we were pretty disappointed with the sevice which started off so well. I think they need to train the new staff a little more before letting them loose on the public by themselves so overall we came out a little disappointed.

1  Thank fitrix