“Charming Tearoom”

Ranked #4 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Keswick
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small Local Family run coffee shop and restaurant offering light lunches,Homemade Soups,Scones,Cakes and vintage Afternoon teas ...Renowned for its full Cumbrian Breakfasts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We visited The Wild Strawberry three times during our four-day stay in
Keswick. The first time was the day we arrived here, and had time to kill before we checked in to our guesthouse. I was drawn to the pretty exterior with its olde-world charm. Inside was equally delightful with the strawberry theme throughout, down to the logo on the waitresses tops. We had tea and delicious scones, and on the following visits my husband had the Lakeland icecream which he still hasn't stopped raving about! A charming tearoom with very pleasant and helpful staff.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

the wild strawberry, a lovely place to eat. The cakes where lovely, you could tell they there homemade, the scones where also very tasty.
the staff where nice and friendly showing us to a table, always smiling the serving was fast too.

1  Thank lauren c
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stopped here for a coffee which was nice. The shop was not over crowded and staff were friendly. The toilets were also decent.

1  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My partner and I stopped off at 'The Wild Strawberry' after a walk around Derwent Water. We had noticed that a few Cafe's were very busy and thought that we may have difficulty finding somewhere to eat. Although we were not confident in getting a table we called into 'The Wild Strawberry' in the hope that we might be accommodated and we were greeted by a lady who sat us at a table for two. We commented on how busy the town was and the lady agreed and made polite conversation; we were also informed that the café was table service. A family had followed us in and they were greeted in the same inviting manner. Shortly after we were seated we placed a drinks order and requested a couple more minutes for our food order. We were acknowledged in a friendly manner and shared a joke with the lady who told us that it was not a problem and that as soon as she is given options on what to eat she can't decide as she wants everything. When our drinks arrived I ordered the chicken nuggets and my partner had soup. The chicken nuggets were well presented and tasted lovely, I can honestly say they are the best I have had. My partner thoroughly enjoyed the soup too. We wanted to order dessert but were conscious of the ingredients as we both have different food requirements. On asking what would be suitable for us the cook visited the table and listed the ingredients she had used.This was delightful as we knew what we were getting and that it had been made there. The cook was very understanding and we did not feel as though we were being an inconvenience. Everything was so nice: the food; the staff; the establishment; the cakes and scones looked amazing. The place was clean and looked very hygienic. We are looking forward to our next visit as they do breakfasts and we are very keen to fuel up before our next trek.

3  Thank live2love2laugh
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Slow service

Saw flies on the cakes and baking placed on the counter tops.

It's table service only and service was extremely sloooooow and a number of customers complained while we were there and some left as it took too long to be served.

Saw staff wiping their noses and scratching their heads with their hands while prepping food and drinks and they never washed their hands. This is a massive no no for me I'm afraid.

Sour cream (as in gone off not 'sour' cream) was used on items we ordered so they had to be sent back and the wait for the replacement took so long I was left as the only person on my table to finish my order.

Restaurant has great toilets though!

1  Thank flossy1Uk