“very tasty soup , especially the lentil and bacon. wonderful chocolate brownie,s .”

The Wild Strawberry
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Keswick
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small Local Family run coffee shop and restaurant offering light lunches,Homemade Soups,Scones,Cakes and vintage Afternoon teas ...Renowned for its full Cumbrian Breakfasts
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We live near keswick and visit The Wild Strawberry Tea House often and l can honestly say lt,s one of the BEST in Keswick, so clean and organised. The professional Cumbrian staff are so welcoming and friendly.
As for the food, it,s made on the premises by a very competent young lady. Her tasty soups and chocolate brownies are to die for.
The strawberry china crockery is a nice touch too.

There are newer reviews for The Wild Strawberry

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I had an afternoon tea and my partner had mushroom soup with a sandwich. The soup was very mushroomy clearly home made abd tasted amazing. The afternoon tea was lovely and very filling.

My only slight criticism is I do not drink cafinated tea or any coffee and am not overly keen on decaf tea. When I asked the waitress about having speciality teas she said you had to pay the full price extra which I did not want to do, I would have happily paid the difference though. That was disappointing as I watched my boyfriend have a very nice flavoured leaf green tea but I guess my loss for not wanting to pay the full price extra.

Overall very pleasant meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

popped into this little cafe because it looked so pretty from the outside. it is a lovely little place. we went on a sunday afternoon and it was quite full. we chose our drinks - only to be told that they didnt have the fruit in to make the smoothie we wanted. we chose others but were told that there was only 1 available. we ordered that only for the waiter to tell us that was unavailable too! not great service really. we also had to chase for the bill. i suspect that we caught this place on a bad day.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Came across this place having visited Keswick thrice and not seen it before. Whilst not really suitable for my tall and lanky frame, the interior was cosy, and the staff welcoming. There is a variety of sandwiches and main meals to choose from, along with a completely separate menu detailing about 50 types of tea. The teas, if ordered, come with their own sand timer to both inform you when your tea is ready, and to keep your children (and/or partner) entertained whilst waiting. I had the chicken pieces, which were fine for lunch, although my father recommends the venison burger. If there was one fault, it was the cakes, the victoria sponge missing buttercream, and the chocolate brownie being more of a chocolate cake. Despite this, lunch was good value, and overall this cafe feels like a homely place, good for meals or just a hot drink.

1  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have a problem with some foods and went in to enquire what ingredients were in one of the dishes on the menu. James went to the kitchen and came back and took our order. Slightly altering what the dish was served with to cater for my needs. The ladies in the kitchen sent to our table more than I would have expected....even peeled a tomato and some cucumber for me! The food was delicious. My husband chose a burger which came with extras, also delicious. James checked we were happy with our food before he left for a break. The young lady who took over was also very friendly. We hope to return to the area in the future and hope to eat there again. Very clean, lovely food very nicely served. Lovely staff who I think are Cathy, James, Georgia and Mary. Thankyou to you all.

2  Thank Dawn B