“Perfect end to the week”

A Taste of Thailand Restaurant at Shemara Guest House
Ranked #22 of 130 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Blyth, United Kingdom
“Perfect end to the week”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Enjoyed a meal here on the last night of a great week in Keswick, and it was a perfect ending to the week. My husband & me both had the hot & spicy soup, then I had chicken red thai curry, the husband had salmon & prawn, which is a favourite of his.Everything was excellant from beginning to end. I booked the table for 7.30 not knowing the football was on! Richard very kindly changed the booking for us to 6pm. Thanks for a great night, see you soon.

• Visited June 2012

liverpool
“Don't get the hype”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

Came here for a family meal on the back of the reviews on here and had a pretty average meal. It was nice but not great. The service was attentive and very pleasant and I can see a lot of thought went into the decor and menu. I did find it quite cheeky that there was a two course minimum rule as I didn't fancy two courses. The ribs were excellent though it was the main courses that let them down.
sorry to leave a bad review say as I can see they tried really hard but I felt it was a pretty average meal and quite pricey

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb food.”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Really nice food and an excellent family service. Make sure you book and bring you own alcohol if wanted.

Visited May 2012
Hawkshead, United Kingdom
“Delicate flavours”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

After feeling a bit apprehensive about visiting this restaurant I am happy to say that I really enjoyed this meal. All 4 courses were delicious. My favourite things were the Tom yum gai soup and the duck main. Thank you very much for a nice meal.

• Visited June 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
“Convinced a cynical man”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Date of attending - 1st June 2012

Let me state our credentials.  I would enter the most cynical man in the world competion if I would not be so suspicious of such events and I am convinced that my wife has the most sensitive stomach in this fair land.

We arrived to be greeted by the bear of a man Richard who instantly made us feel at home. He directed us to or table in the guesthouse which is a pretty unique place to chow down on some premium Thai food. There are 4/5 tables in the room which gives it an intimate air. It felt as if my wife and I were sharing some hidden foodie secret with a few chosen others. While the decor screams Lakeland guest house at you it seems to add to the secret and is certainly preferable to the 'one word title, bland designer, multi table, set menu' setting of other establishments.

Both Richard and Fon added to the intimate air. They were natural and instinctive hosts. Never rushed, always attentive whilst never being your 'new best friend'. They got it spot on. There was also a female serving the tables who was equally as effective.

I will never claim to be a food critic and I find that each individual will have their valid opinion on what they like with regards to flavours and spices. I will however say that the ingredients were fresh and my wife and I found the dishes we had were finely balanced and natural. From other revues it seems like other palettes love the grub. We certainly did. The wife's stomach certainly did, she had no nasty 'MSG' after effects.

All of the above within a very reasonable price.

So, yes there are things that have been picked out in other revues, corkage charges, decor,,,,,,,,,,, but my head is telling you to read them, digest them and then book a table and enjoy. My heart is telling you to read them, digest them, nod your head wisely and move on to the restaurants with attractive shop fronts, complementary hot towels and after eight mints. That way I get to go there again and again and again.