Strathmore Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Lyzzick Hall Hotel(Under Skiddaw)
View Hotel
All reviewstown centreguest househost paulfourth floorfew minutes walkb bdeluxe roomcooked breakfastbreakfast was excellentlarge showerrooms were very cleana wonderful staylocation is greattwo nightstop markswine glassesgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

i booked just 2 hours before I arrived and was able to stay in room 1, a double. I found the room much more modern than the photos suggest. I was very happy with new bathroom suite, having not seen any photos on their website. Amenities were excellent, including a hair dryer and body wash. I had a fantastic nights sleep. Peaceful and comfortable.

Breakfast. I made my choice the day before and was happy with the selection of hot items. There was an excellent choice of fresh, prepared, dried fruits and cereals. My hot breakfast followed shortly after I sat down. Very efficient service and what a perfectly cooked English breakfast.

I don't usually stay in b&bs but as I was travelling alone and wanted to stay within walking distance to Keswick, this was the perfect choice and I am very delighted with my stay.

I would definitely recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had a faultess stay at this exceptional family run B&B. It's in a great location, walking distance to the town centre but very quiet, with ample parking.

The hosts were very welcoming and knowledable about the area. They organised taxis for us and recommend fantastic restaurants and bars.

Our room was very comfortable with everything we needed. The bed was particularly comfortable with very high quality bedding.

Breakfast was fantastic, good coffee, fresh fruit and good quality sausages and bacon.

We will certainly return to Keswick and would look no further than the Strathmore.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheGlobeHK
Reviewed 26 September 2013

An overnight stay was sufficient to want us to return again!
Conveniently located on a quiet street made for easy access to the town and lake and after a few pints we were able to stroll home (rather than catch a taxi)
The room was very comfortable with all that was needed and the duvet was especially cosy.
Breakfast was a banquet with fresh blueberries, strawberries & bananas that got my immediate attention. The host "Simmy" cooked a tasty gourmet full English breakfast that was 'faultless' and left me totally satisfied by the time I had finished the freshly brewed coffee.
Well done and definitely good value, keep up the exceptional work

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We only stayed here for 1 night but wish we could have stayed longer! The owners are welcoming & friendly without being overbearing. The house is a just a short stroll away from galleries, cafe bars, shops, restaurants and the lake and overlooks a beautiful church, so it's very well positioned. The bedroom itself was a small double, the owners said it was the room in need of redecorating the most, but I found it to be charming and incredibly comfortable! The shower was hot and powerful, towels fluffy and plentiful and the duvet and pillows were top quality Dorma hungarian goose down with 300 thread crisp white sheets (I know because I checked:)) The room had everything you'd expect, flat screen wall mounted digital tv, tea & coffee facilities, lovely biscuits and a few nice toiletries. We woke to the smell of bacon and hurried downstairs for breakfast. What a treat! A delicious cooked breakfast (perfect poached eggs, bacon, good quality sausage, mushrooms, oven roasted tomatoes, hot buttered toast and filter coffee) as well as yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, cereal, muesli etc etc! Much better than some expensive hotels I've stayed in! We will be back for more soon, thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Was greeted by Paul who was very friendly and welcoming. He was very attentive and keen to make sure I had a good stay. really nice guest house, good value, good breakfast well done.

Would happily recommend and stay again

Room Tip: My room no 4 was quite small but had everything you need and was spotlessly clean
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo