Burns Farm Caravan & Campsite
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Keswick
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Lyzzick Hall Hotel(Under Skiddaw)
View Hotel
All reviewsshower blocktoilet and shower facilitiescamping fieldfreezer blocksfamily run sitelaundry roomelectric hook upssite ownersbank holidaygreat sitepitched our tentjust returned from a weeksurrounded by mountainsstone circlefresh eggsrelaxing holidayhandy location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Burns Farm Campsite as a group of 15 in 4 units. Lynda Lamb the owner made sure that we were all together. The site was very clean and we'll kept. Toilet/shower block was impeccably clean. This is the 5th time we have been to the site and every time we have not been dis - appointed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Nice enough site. Level pitchs in the ehu area. Enough soil to get tent pegs in. Relaxed friendly attitude. This is a also a working farm, but typical caravan club look about it, but not so much hardstanding. Not Cc standards in the facilities but reasonable enough. We were camping initially for one night and stayed for three, that says something. There is not a great many options in this area though. Our one gripe, which may be others like, is its not a stroll from the town in 'going out' clothes.
Nutshell, Hot showers, lack of loo roll on occasion, toilets/showers should be inspected more often for paper and cleanliness. Nice owners. Location (pretty and fairly quiet).

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just stayed here for 3 nights. Bit of a squash initially as it was a busy weekend in Keswick. Nice enough campsite - but at no point did the owners seem to enforce the no noise policy. Large family units with 5 children - they were running wild - pulling other peoples tents and climbing on vehicles etc. their parents did nothing to control them. While I appreciate this is not down to the owners who cannot necessarily help the behaviour of the guests - I think that given the price - they should be policing the site more frequently.

Hot showers - great. the dirty nappies and grime left in them after families had used them was not great.

The noise after 10pm wasn't great - I didn't get much sleep. I chose this site after reading that the owners didn't put up with noise and enforced their rule. I saw no evidence of this - which was a shame.

I would expect in the quieter season this would be a wonderful place to stay - brilliant views and lovely walks directly from the site. I think that I would choose to stay on a smaller campsite in future - given the price we paid and the noise we endured.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leon1
Linda L, Owner at Burns Farm Caravan & Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your views and for choosing Burns Farm as the place to stay on your visit to the Lake District. As you point out we are a family site and of course this is the very busy family holiday season.
During our busy season we walk people to their pitch and help them choose where they would like to stay, as a result we visit the camping and caravan field several times throughout the day, our final visit to the field is just before we go to bed when we make sure all is quiet and have cleaned the facilities for the final time until early morning. We didn’t notice children running wild! on any of our visits nor did we received any complaints, we wish you had come to us to let us know the situation and we would have tried to resolve any misbehaviour or noise. The toilets have bins, and I can only apologise for people who do not use them. The facilities are cleaned several times keeping them to a high standard of cleanness.
We are very reasonably priced for the area and offer many free facilities including hot shower, car parking next to your tent, electric sockets to charge phones etc. and we don’t charge for dogs
We are a popular site for people doing the many fantastic and amazing walks/hills in the area and have recently appeared in the Camping and Caravanning Magazine as one of the “great places to pitch up at when travelling around the Lake District”; August 2014, VOL 109 NO 8

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just back from an 8 night stay on this family run working farm campsite, this site is clean and the water is really hot - I would go as far to say the hottest I've ever had on a site!. As this is a working farm you need to be ready for the noise of the sheep which woke me up at 5 each morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Recently got back from a 2 night stay at Burns Farm. We visited with a non electric hook up tent and pitched in the large field to the left of the gates. Plenty of space although a bit exposed to the elements!

The shower block was clean and neither me nor my partner had to queue for showers at any point during the morning or evening. Showers were hot and having plug sockets to dry my hair was a god send! Only
Downside was on both evenings some of the toilets had run out of toilet roll with none to be found!

The location is great, a nice 3 mile stroll into Keswick and a lovely walk back along the old rail way, or if you prefer a 5 minute drive.

My only slight moan is that the camp is supposed to be quiet after 10 and we had a group of people pitched next to us who were talking and screeching until about midnight and a group of school kids who could be heard right across the site until late... Not the fault of the owners but they didn't exactly enforce the quiet camp rules!

• Stayed: July 2014