First the bad points to put people off so there will be space when we book to go back!
1. The B&B is on a main road - that should put people off who don't like traffic. We had a road facing room and it was actually surprisingly quiet as Keswick roads have very little traffic at night. The view over the park was lovely with the fells behind.
2. Parking in Keswick can be a nightmare. Linnett Hill has a good sized proper car park at the rear - so actually a very good point!
I have to give up - I really can't think of any negatives!!
Linnett Hill is a lovely newly refurbished B&B close to the centre of Keswick. My husband and I had a room that was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and modern en suite shower room.
Andy and Mandy are the best B&B hosts we've met. They are so friendly and welcoming in a completely natural way. They really seem to enjoy making people feel at home and nothing is too much trouble for them.
The sign of a good B&B is the quality of its breakfasts. Linnett Hill doesn't disappoint here either. There are plenty of options and unlimited hot drinks and toast. Andy cooks a great full English and Mandy always has a smile while serving it. You couldn't wish for a better start to the day.
In terms of quality and value for money Linnett Hill deserves its high rating on Tripadvisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Linnett Hill is a beautifully appointed Bed and Breakfast offering contemporary accommodation in the stunning North Lakeland town of Keswick. It is an excellent base for exploring the Lake District National Park. The property dates from the Regency period, having been built in 1812, and has been comprehensively refurbished following the purchase by the current owners, Andy and Mandy. Linnett Hill boasts modern facilities with a contemporary finish whilst retaining much of its original charm and character. Linnett Hill offers eight fully en-suite guest rooms with clean contemporary decor, flat screen TV's and WIFI throughout. Linnett Hill provides secure, gated, private parking for all guests along with internal cycle storage and drying facilities. There is a relaxing guest lounge, wood burning stoves and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, guide books, maps of the local area and journals. We look forward to welcoming you to Linnett Hill, Keswick. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Linnett Hill Keswick, Lake District